Braid

Foxy

Reaction score
looking to get back onto braid, have looked at whiplash as a few of my mates have got it and swear by it. Anyone used it? looking to fish some big reservoirs so want it for indication rather than anything else. Biggest issue i have with it that it could possible float, am using pro clear in 16lb at the moment and it sinks like a stone

Foxy

Reaction score
my mates got that Warren, recommends it highly but reckons you loose a fair bit on the cast?

Foxy

Reaction score
my mates got that Warren, recommends it highly but reckons you loose a fair bit on the cast?

W

wayne mitchell

your mate dont want wat wols got?/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif whiplash for me

B

Big Rik

that's because it sinks, but is thicker than maxima.

If you want thin then you'll have to have neutral buoyancy

Foxy

Reaction score
going to go for the whiplash, no contest really

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Heard that the Whiplash does have a tendancy to float. I know for a fact that the Bullet sinks like a stone but the Whiplash will cast further, your call.

Different views here but i know what i'd be going for........

Whiplash???

Foxy

Reaction score
Thanks Warren, just given me more questions than answers! the reason that i was looking at moving to braid was the fact that im moving on to a large reservior and will have to be looking at regular 100+ casts to get on the. I have been using 16lb pro clear for the last year and have really got on well with it, although i have only been casting / boating baits out about 60 yds

hhmmmm, still not sure.

Mono: FORsinks well, can be used on any venue, cheaper than braid to spool me LCs (although would back up the braid) better presentation....??

Mono : AGAINST bit like playing fish on a big laccy band at range, poor indication

Braid : FOR Casts miles, better indication at range

Braid : AGAINST Floats??, pricy to spool up, poor presentation, not allowed to use on some venues, would also potentially need a new set of spools to give a mono option where needed

HMMMMMMMM /forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif