Holidaying just south of Alicante

• Thread starter Evan NotMightyAtAll
  • Start date
E

Evan NotMightyAtAll

Off on Saturday to a wee place just south of Alicante and there's just enough room to manage to sneak a travel rod and reel or two into the luggage.....

Too far away and too much hassle to try and head for the well known spots like the Ebro, so does anyone have any knowledge or advice about fishing aroundthat local area ?

Last time I went I enjoyed pulling a few small tiddlers out of Alicante harbour Marina with a handline and some bread, but there were some larger5 or 6 lb shark-like fish hanging around and what looked suspiciously like a shoal of decent grey Mullet or similar ?

And is there any inland coarse fishing of any sort ? Any helpful guides or websites gratefully plundered for knowledge....

Cheers all, as ever.

T

The Monk

smiley31.gif

E

Evan NotMightyAtAll

Thanks for that.... enough to get me thinking anyways..... any more for any more ???

And nothing in Valencia ? surely there must be something......

[Edit]It seems that my nearest decent option is a lake called the Embassament de la Pedrera, see http://www.skelts.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/lake.htm

Nice to have a website and piccy but less helpful having nil information about what fish are in there or what permits / licences are required to fish it....

Then further north, to the west and south west of Benidorm the lakes Amadorio and Guadelest, neither of which have a web page either or anyhint as to what if anything is in them and ditto licences.

Anyone fished any of these venues etc ?

Any and all hints gratefully stolen and plagiarised...... /forum/smilies/thinking_smiley.gif[/Edit]

E

Evan NotMightyAtAll

No probs, that link is right on the money.... shame the trout fishing doesn't start until the beginning of September though. Water temperature too high til then.... shades of 'Salmon Fishing in the Yemen'.

Did anyone ever review thatbook for the forum btw ? Well worth a read and very amusing,though not perhaps quite up to all of thehype.... nice character assasinations of a well known spin doctor, politicianor three who all richly deserve it.