Angling Times

• Thread starter John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.
  • Start date
J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

I'm not sure whether this superb Fishing Magic site is the best place to be saying this to Angling Times, but Richard Lee & Co cant have heard of the saying 'If it ain't broke don't fix it'.

What a dogs dinner they have made of what was a half decent 'Red Top' type site.

B

Bill Cox

Got to agree John what a load of bollox. Trying to be to clever. like a house with every known gadget and no remote.

MikeW

Reaction score
Not good, I don't like it either, the original was far better.

stikflote

Reaction score
its total crap now, ,dont know why the had to mess about with it, ,from what i read on there tonight, a lot of members are very miffed and some are saying goodbye to AT site

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

I had a look around for a couple of minutes but just couldn't be &rsed.

Perhaps they are looking to attract a more intellectual audience /forum/smilies/sarcastic_smiley.gif

A new site is due to be launched specifically for anglers who target big fish (no forum) Watch this space.

E

Evan NotMightyAtAll

I've never used it much before and even less likely to now.... hopelessly over large number of forums and sub-forums and heaven help you trying to browse a subject. This site's recent upgrade has I think been, in contrast, a resounding success (despite the foulness of emoticons !). Keep it up Marsbar etc; thanks for the thankless from the thankful.... !

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

It's an utter mess, horrible on the eye and hard to navigate

B

Bully

Blimey.

I buy a lot of stuff via the net and if I was ever presented with a site like that I'd not take the risk as it would not fill me full of confidence.

Yuk!

honslow

Reaction score
Didn't take you lot long to get started! Having read these posts I feared the worst and took a look for myself. So far I haven't really been involved and will only be starting to edit the news content as of next week.

As Wol says, it'searly days and you've got to start somewhere. Apprearance-wise I'd imagine it's still a distance from how we'd eventually like it to eventuallylook. But content-wise I can safely say that within a couple of months it'll trounce anything else on the Net. We'll make damn sure of that.

If you want your fishing newsrealtime then you'll be wasting your time looking anywhere else.

Anyway, horses for courses. And I have no gripe with FM and Graham. I've always liked this site myself and will continue to drop in and humiliate myself!!

Tally ho! Bandits at 2 o'clock!

captain carrott

Reaction score
If you want your fishing newsrealtime then you'll be wasting your time looking anywhere else.

we don't that's why we come on FM, cos we get the fishing news first here!

honslow

Reaction score
Having said that, I'm personally quiteused to being slagged off by the occasional CSG officer! Ha, ha!

Where have those two miserableold buggers disappeared to anyway? Haven't seen hide nor hair of them on the bank this year. Not that I'm complaining mind you... Maybe they're fishing the Stour!!!!

honslow

Reaction score
Well you'll know all about a potential record tench weighing over 15lb then captain???? On our site tomorrow. Dare you to have a peek! On which note I shall cease anything that appears like a blatant plug on FM out of respect for Graham.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Hmm after taking a lookI thinkI might be tempted to stay on FM.

Deanos

Reaction score
Dont you let anyone bother you Greg, old Adolph Hickler never botherd about people moaning, he just shot them!

What you want on the site is some real time big fat birds doing a bit of sexy dancing, that would get me on your side I can tell you!

Also, why not offer a fish and chip supper for people who send in fantastic articals on line. I offerd todemonstrate self defence against a baboon attack in case it happend to any of the lads on FMwith me mam dressed up in a gorilla suit (they dont do baboon suits). Marsdin had his chance, so, I can do this "real time" for angling times if you want.

Anyway, shoot the knockers, bring on the dancing girls, and let me beat up a monkey, your on line ratings will go through the roof, and I shall save angling times for you.

If I come and work for you, how much can I have, and do you have pie and chips in the canteen Greg?????

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

You on about15.2 from Oxford Greg?

/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

C

Chris Bishop

Be nice to see it happen Greg. On the news front the stories are looking a bit dated at the moment (month or so old...) and you have one or two howlers.

There's a prelim on there puffing the Game Fair, for example - without mentioning the fact it was cancelled and angling exhibitors all lost a small fortune when the organisers refused to refund the money they'd paid out for stalls.