Shoveling the dirt...

Wayne Beale

Reaction score
Hi dee hi carpers!

A discussion on another threat suggest that all serious carpers (and non) own a 'fold up shovel' ( not necessarily camo). Do you have a fold-up shovel in your armoury.

T

The Monk

yep, never leave the home without one/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

love me, love my fold up shovel

T

The Monk

what do you do with that Paul, are you constipated or summat??/forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif

Julian Barber

Reaction score
I'm not really a carper but I do carry a small hatchet in my boot.

Dont that make you limp ?

Julian Barber

Reaction score
Oh..I see what you did there. You left the 'n' off then end of my name, making it into a girls name. Excellent work.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
I thought one day it might come in useful clearing a swim but I've never had to use it. To be honest choppingthings down that need an axe to cut through themdoesn't seem such a good idea any more either. Not very environmentally friendly to lop a branches off a tree just to make my fishing a bit easier.

I did split some wood for a fire with it once but that was in the back garden.

The limp? Its not the hatchet,that's the butterfly knifeinmy sock.

Wayne Beale

Reaction score
Paul 'pikey'....

Must say, that as i've got older, my outlook on angling has changed dramatically too.

I've gone full circle really, From a kid with my rod tied to my bike, few worms and some dough, through to 'full blown', taking everything fishing, needing a trailer to tow it alland back to roving the river with minimal gear ( essentials in my pocket). I dont break trees or dig swims either, theres plenty of room on a bankside without resorting to that.

I have also gone back to fishing basics' and my catches have improved no end.

As for the shovel!...........I did once take a spade fishing, but he didnt like it>>..........no disrespect intended.

Foxy

Reaction score
<u>I have also gone back to fishing basics' and my catches have improved no end.</u>

<u>As for the shovel!...........I did once take a spade fishing, but he didnt like it>>..........no disrespect intended.</u>

AGREE WITH POINT ONE, NO NEED FOR RACISM ON POINT TWO!

Wayne Beale

Reaction score
Foxy,

As i stated in another thread in the 'general section' 'suggestion can draw attention'. That statement has now been proven on two counts. Thankyou Freddie and Foxy.

As for being racist let me start by saying that there are a lot of people that i may/maynot like, mostly individuals, certainly not whole races. A tongue in cheek comment does not constitute me being a racist and for the recordi state emphatically that i am not a racist. Tosuggest otherwise is slanderous.

Wayne Beale

Reaction score
Ribble accident

Fisherman dies in river accident......police said two Polish...

Freddies words on the subject:

'i can remember a numberofjokes about chinese cocklers and come to that, when celebrities have died, pull em in boys'

And referring to to drowning man;

I 'try not to put myself in danger and 'i would have asked his mates why they were'nt helping'

All this when someone is drowning!

Oh, and one more from the same thread:

In answer to 'some of you are the most inconciderate/uninformed people i have come across. people with no respect'......Freddie boy answered.....wait for it......' your living in the uk. and 'is now commonplace'

Me ,a hypocrite Freddie Boy, no good you trying the ol' 'whiter than thou' routine here, your comments are a fallacy. THE END.