Quick hello

marshman39

Reaction score
As the title suggests, a quick hello to the forum. New to this site and having a look around. I missed out on my usual user name so had to stick a few numbers on but I'm usually the un-numbered version everywhere else on the net. I decided I wasn't scanning enough websites, forums and blogs each day so went on the hunt for a new one and luckily/unluckily ended up here. :wh

I'm currently in to all things lure fishing for pike but have had a dabble at plenty of other stuff. Not the most experienced angler and I'm not going to fill you all with super new tactics etc. I just love fishing!

tight lines!

dangermouse

Reaction score
Welcome to FM Marshman. :)

If you`re into lure fishing for pike you`re in luck, Derek Gibson is a regular here and I understand he`s quite the expert on that sort of fishing.

Lures are a bit yesterday though, it has to be cheese paste for pike nowadays :D

marshman39

Reaction score
cheers guys.

It'll probably be a one way thing Derek! lol I've only recently started to lure fish again seriously (not too serious I just go out and fish). As a teen I spent hours using nothing but some surface "poppers" on local flood ponds. More recently I decided to target a river twenty (never fished rivers before last year for pike) and quickly managed a 19lb fish. About a week ago I decided to give the search for a twenty a rest. Not because I was struggling but because instead I've realised why I get out and fish in the first place and it's nothing to do with target twenties or anything else. As I mentioned, as a teen I spent hours on my own stalking pike and if I wasn't stalking them I was stalking chub all alone. Getting out and fishing now takes me way back and I'm doing what I loved doing back then. I'm happy just catching.