Thames bream

Karin Vallis

Reaction score
Nice to see your smiling face on line again Christian - andtheBIG reason for the big grin! Congratulations on another great catch and beating your father yet again! Karin x

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Nice one Christian ....... and a nice happy face (looks like you really enjoyed catching it )

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Karin, Dad only managed one /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

I actually quite like them when they get to that size, every one gives them a lot of grief (poor bream). But there not that slimy and much better then blanking, but they do make your net smell a bit.

J

Jonathan Northmore BA HONS

Only a small one then?

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Yeah, considering some other guy landed a double /forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

J

Jonathan Northmore BA HONS

Keep plugging away, you'll get one.

They love a bit of sweet corn and molasses! If you find a big shoal of them however, you simply cannot afford to buy that much sweetcorn!

Failing that, push the other guy in!

Deanos

Reaction score
Bally well done Christian, that's a nice fish mate...when you gonna do another article?

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Evening everyone. I caught this a while back but have just been looking at it again. I know theres a few bream enthusiasts who will have had hundreds of fish around this size.

I didn't actually weigh it but would have guessed it at almost 5lbs? maybe 4 1/2?

Could anyone else give me a guesstimate,I know its hard from a picture but its right up against my body.

Deanos

Reaction score
Well using the method I normally use Christian, (its a very complicated mathematical formula you see) so, if the estimated weight of the fish is about 5lbs,...let me see, yes, here we are, I have the answer!

I would then add at least another 5lb on top (this is the formula that a lot of anglers use when sending in pictures to the angling press I believe!)....

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 10LBBREAM CHRISTIAN!.....NOW IF YOU WANT A 10LB BARBEL...GET ONBACK OUT THERE ANDREMEMBER "WEIGH YOUR FISH THEDEANOS WAY"whatever it is+ 5lb and you will always go home happy...and the envy of your mates and dad!hope this helps!