What Would Be Your Expensive Piece of Tackle?

dangermouse

Reaction score
Following on from the various "most you`ve spent on a . . . " threads.

If you were buying a set of fishing tackle and a rules were imposed that meant you had to buy the cheapest kit you could find (Avanti, CK etc) but you could have one luxury item what would you go for? Doesn`t have to be specific (but feel free) would it be your rod, reel, line, hooks, floats, chair, box etc?

Red Army

Reaction score
That would be a pole. I could live with other cheap gears but a cheap pole is not an option if you want to fish comfortably and efficiently at 13m and beyond.

Red Army

Reaction score
Daiwa Airity £2,500-£3,000 depending on the number of TK...Happy now:rolleyes:

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Daiwa Airity £2,500-£3,000 depending on the number of TK...Happy now
Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!
worship2.gif

sam vimes

Reaction score
I was initially thinking that it might actually be my bivvy that came out as the most expensive individual fishing item I've bought. Then I remembered that I bought a pole just before Christmas. It's a Shimano Antares BX and I've no intention of saying how much I paid for it. However, the supposed retail price was around two grand but they usually sold at around fifteen hundred and could be had for less if you shopped around.

dangermouse

Reaction score
Following on from the various "most you`ve spent on a . . . " threads.

If you were buying a set of fishing tackle and a rules were imposed that meant you had to buy the cheapest kit you could find (Avanti, CK etc) but you could have one luxury item what would you go for? Doesn`t have to be specific (but feel free) would it be your rod, reel, line, hooks, floats, chair, box etc?

I was initially thinking that it might actually be my bivvy that came out as the most expensive individual fishing item I've bought. Then I remembered that I bought a pole just before Christmas. It's a Shimano Antares BX and I've no intention of saying how much I paid for it. However, the supposed retail price was around two grand but they usually sold at around fifteen hundred and could be had for less if you shopped around.

I think someone only read the title of the thread ;) :D

little oik

Reaction score
It would have to be a reel and line for me as well .As long as you got a decent drag and some decent string doesn't matter about the rod .You will still catch whatever you use but at least you will be able to land them as well .

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
But NOT when it comes to flyfishing - here, you need a good, even great rod; fly reels, unless you are fishing for tropical saltwater line-burners, are mere receptacles for the tapered plastic string you need to get confections of feather on metal to fish. Much has been made of fly reels in the past decade or two, but then they are merely customer-catching male jewellery. I like a nice centrepin, though, mind...

barbelboi

Reaction score
Not sure whether I'd go for rod or reel...certainly wouldn't be pole as I dont grow peas or beans.

Come on, a pole is a very useful bit of kit...............for shipping your end tackle under a raft on the opposite side of the river.
Jerry