With My Father today

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay AMIMechE (SA) MIFE (SA) (ACA)
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay AMIMechE (SA) MIFE (SA) (ACA)

Born on the 31st of August 1917, my father reached the grand old age of 90 today.

He had to remind me that today was also the 10th anniversery of the death of Princess Diana.

My brother had a photo enlarged of my mother, taken at the Bristol Zoo, ca 1947, of my mother at the age of 23. This was sent from my aunt who is now 97, from Taunton in Devon.

What a beautiful woman my mother was!

As far as I am concerned, I want to see both my Aunt Hilda and my dad get that telegram from The Queen.

Have you got relatives who are expecting that coveted telegram?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

coveted ??? You MUST be joking

Who'd want anythingassociated withthat gang of parasites ???(not that they have ANYTHING to do with it anyway)

You don't honestly believe that the queen plays any part in sending the telegram do you ??? She probably doesn't even know they send one..........

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

Happy birthday and congratulations to your dad, Ron.

He's in good company, 31st august is also my birthday, neither of us will need much reminding of the death of Princess Diana.

My wife's mum is 84 and fitter than either me ormy wife. There's a good chance she'll be getting the telegram, not sure I'll be around to see it though.

Why so cynical Ed, it's recognition by the State. Some of my wife's so called friends reacted in the same fashion when she was awarded the OBE; there was no one prouder than me, her mother andour son on that day.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay AMIMechE (SA) MIFE (SA) (ACA)

Thank you very much John.

Ever since I have lived back in England I have tried to be a proud Englishman and I have tried to uphold the great British traditions of this land. Sure I may have called a few of you "Poms", but that has been in jest with no real nastiness implied.

Much of my family come from a proud tradition of service to the landed gentry of this country. They were looked after far better than many, and were regarded with incredible respect by several Dukes and Duchesses. I will not go into too much detail as I will be accused of name dropping.

For those who are awarded with honours, be proud of it.

I am proud of my Dad, my late mum and my other ancestors.

Y

yoggy

Best wishes to your Dad mate.

A real milestone reaching 90.

I bet he could tell some stories!!!./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Happy birthday to your Dad .......

" regarded with incredible respect by several Dukes and Duchesses. I will not go into too much detail as I will be accused of name dropping."

You're not the product of some royal 'dalliance' are you-- surely you're not saying we have to call you 'Your Highness'

W

will spencer

i've heard it all now

all rise for his highness ron the hat of clay.

ron may your dad's day be a memorable one god bless him.

W

Wolfman Woody

Many happy returns John - and Ron's dad.

My father in law was 94 on Tuesday. My wife's with him now and he doesn't know who she is.

Then again, there's times when I wonder.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

your Dad has a lot to answer for Ron! wish him happy birthday.

My ancestors were also talked about in the higher classes Ron......i'm very proud to,Greatgrandad only got caught once, at the age of 6.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

A happy birthday and congrats to your dad Ron.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Happy birthday Mr Rons dad, have a good one.. You'll get your letter from the queen soon enough /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

R

Robert Woods (ACA)

Ron,

Happy birthday to your dad...same age as our Graham.../forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif.

C

Colin North, the one and only

Happy Birthday to everyone.

Take no notice of Ed, someone's nicked his dummy.

captain carrott

Reaction score
happy belated brithday to your dad.

neither of us will need much reminding of the death of Princess Diana.

we get far too much hysterical reminding of the death of that woman why can't the british act with a bit of dignity anymore and just get over it.

The way the people of britain reacted on the weeks following her death was to be quite honest, utterly pathetic.

the fact that they are still droning on about it endlessly now defies description.

T

Tony" the white van man" Clay

Thanks for all your birthday wishes to my father in law. My husband has been looking after his dad for the past fifteen years now because of his health problems with diabetes.