Season's biggest Zed

marshman39

Reaction score
Beast of a fish. Not common near me either and i've never even fished for one or seen one caught. I will have a go for them one day no doubt.

the wise one

Reaction score
Its a good fish, but 18,1:rolleyes: I'm not so sure. It always seems that these somewhat suspect claimed weights are always held by people trying to make a name for themselves. Anyone remember the Ant Glascoe's Zander from the summer. Claimed at 17 if I remember correctly, but would have struggled to make a double.

bigsean

Reaction score
Its a good fish, but 18,1:rolleyes: I'm not so sure. It always seems that these somewhat suspect claimed weights are always held by people trying to make a name for themselves. Anyone remember the Ant Glascoe's Zander from the summer. Claimed at 17 if I remember correctly, but would have struggled to make a double.

i've seen genuine 20lb carp that that dont look anywhere near their weight .... ant glascoe jnr is making a name for himself with plenty of big pike, so dont see why he'd lie about that 17lb zed, same goes for this 18lb 1oz specimen,
its a cracking fish, end of story, and i think its bad form to question peoples integrity about fish weight!!!!

Eric Edwards

Reaction score

I know James Sarkar and believe me, you wouldn't want a dig off him, he's a big lad. I expect everything he catches looks small.

the wise one

Reaction score
I have also met James Eric, and Dillip and Karen.

I am simply saying that in my opinion the fish does not look 18lbs.

Having caught big Zander and Pike myself I feel I am some what justified in passing comment.
Maybe it is the way the photo is taken?

I just find it uncanny that so many of these anglers that are looking to make a name for themselves, like James is, end up with fish photos that leave some question marks over them.

I feel that if anglers place themselves in the angling press, their catches have to stand up to some scrutiny.
As for taking 8 minutes to unhook and return the fish. That's not something I would want to publicise.

Also, for TCF to state that it is the biggest Zander caught from the Severn, when I personally know of bigger Zander, including one that was reported in Angling Times, of 19lb 12oz, back in the late Summer/early Autumn is I suspect what is known as artistic licence.

Is it true Eric, that you are no longer gracing the 'Pit' with your presents any more?
If true, that is very sad.
Your input on that forum will be sadly missed by many.

Eric Edwards

Reaction score
It is true, I have no interest in a group of people who are, in my view, going in ever decreasing circles. My views are not welcome there and the forum owner has effectively accused me of sabotage, that's enough for me.

I asked for me account to be deleted but he refused so in effect, I've deleted it myself. I cannot access that forum even if I want to now so I know I'll never be tempted.

bigsean

Reaction score
unless someone is trying to claim a record, why would they claim bogus or 'suspect' weight fish????

Morespiders

Reaction score
I really wouldn't know, never even seen a zander, but its strange, I'm a pair of scales missing

Morespiders

Reaction score
'Coarse you've seen a Zed, it's just you thought it was a perch at the time:D;):wh
Jerry

Yes maybe your right Boi, so the 34 lber was a zander, so what are the 12lb fish with vertical stripes im catching, perch you think?