First Class Fishing

glenn melsome

Reaction score
i wentfishing sunday evening with my sons to have swim for next day this is the first time i had gone pond fishing for 25yrs since i got maried now im single becouse my wife cheating on me. i went to bed about 11pm i got up about 4am becouse the fish making a noise. still dark istarted fishing ihad one carp rod and one float rod with in minits i had my first run. so i casted back out to same place again within minites i had a nother run so i desided to ground bait since then i had no bites weather i put to much ground bait or not idont no i ended up catching to carp that day and roach and perch i had one carp on float the other on ledger carp rod carp rod was 11.5 main with 8ld hook. the float was on wagler with 8ld main with 6ld hook can any one explain what i done rong my other two freinds had 34 carp between them./forum/smilies/thinking_smiley.gif

glenn melsome

Reaction score
went fishing Sunday evening with my sons to have swim for next day this is the first time i had gone pond fishing for 25yrs since i got married now I'm single because my wife cheating on me. i went to bed about 11pm i got up about 4am because the fish making a noise. still darki startedfishing i had one carp rod and one float rod with in minutes i had my first run. so i casted back out to same place again within minutes i had another run so i decided to ground bait since then i had no bites weather i put to much ground bait or not i dont no i ended up catching to carp that day and roach and perch i had one carp on float the other on ledger carp rod carp rod was 11.5 main with 8ld hook. the float was on wagler with 8ld main with 6ld hook can any one explain what i done wrong my other two friends had 34 carp between them./forum/smilies/thinking_smiley.gif

Carpless

Reaction score
Could be one of 1,000's of things. From the sounds of things you may not of needed to groundbait if the fish were taking hook baits. Catching a couple of carp from a swim could disturb it for some time. Past that there could be absolutely hundreds of reasons why you didn't catch much, one of them being luck.

glenn melsome

Reaction score
the bites were on strawbery lunchen meat. ground bait was mullet magic/magnet mixed with pellet maggets and swetcorn. the airrig i had the bites on was made by my mate who showed me how to make it. the next was my own rig has i lost the other to the fish which broke 8ld line. i through abought 8 large balls of ground baight in to try and hold the fish with a few bits of lunchen meat thrown on top. so i dont no if the rig i made was to short or to long. as theres no weed in the pond i casted to another area abought an hour later had more runs but seemed to be droping it so didint hook up is there a reason for this i dont kno to much about bivvi but i bought my fishing gear from argos keenets compleat carp fishing pakage £250 plus other gear plus other gear came to £480 that i put on there card to spread the cost. this came with a 8 secondbivvi. well worth looking at for next year but not dubble skined sleeps three thoe comfortably plus has a insect meash my mates was bit to hell they recon they must of put theres on a ant nest