new carp leads(clear)

S

solar

hi guys,

just wondered if anyone has tried these new leads as there ment to be the best on the market as there SEETHROUGH .

You can place them on any surface and the wil blend in the only down side is thatt they cost £2.75 each...try this site www.diamond weights.com

thight lines

Julian Barber

Reaction score
expensive peices of rubbish. see no need for them. Will catch more anglers than fish/forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

Mithrandir

Reaction score
This is the third time on different forums I have seen people plugging this, is it some sort of pyramid selling scheme, they all put a link up to the website and mention the price.

Are you on commission?

F

Frothey

... and about 25 years too late. mike wilson went that route long ago....

still, no worse than paying £1.10 for a bit of coated lead!

S

solar

just seen them in anglers mail and thought of all the tackle tarts out there...

Mithrandir

Reaction score
well it might drive of the plasticiser on the surface of the clear weights, then they won't leech into the water and drive the fish away

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

I can see an application for them in clear water where the fish have been under pressure and may recognise the danger in a conventional leger weight. Although I fail to see how they can be any different to using a natural stone weight (as in Pallatrax Stonze) or even an appropriately coated lead weight.

But that applies to only some of the river fishing I do. All the stillwaters I fish are too muddy or silty for it to make any difference.

And it doesn't make any difference on any water when you're fishing at night.

Also, they appear to have a very shiny surface; won't this cause unwanted reflections in very clear water? And how long will they last before the surface is scuffed (and therefore visible)from being dragged over gravel?

I don't think I'll be rushing out to buy any, but I'll reserve final judgement until I see them.

F

Frothey

dunno cakey. make sure they are clear coated though. or just coat the bottom of the lead with something the same colour as the lake bed

mike wilson tried it back along because he was more worried about an electric field being set up between the lead and the hook.....

C

Cakey

I can see his point and I can see Grahams point and cant see me ever using them

Id like to see some flat ones in a tank with a strong light pointed at it but these shaped ones naa

Foxy

Reaction score
another gimmick, cant see that they would be clear on the bottom and agree with graham they would sooner get scuffed.

what heat treat cycle would you use Cake, vacuum anealment or just plain old air cook up and down to temp?

C

Cakey

dunno ................................I give my leads to my boy who has a powder coating fingy at work

ps I still get told off because he makes all nice and I camo them with a perma marker

Foxy

Reaction score
you have a boy sir oo! oo! suits you!

Terry eustace used to do this paint type jobby that gave an instant colur match to the lake bed not sure if you can get it anymore though

C

Cakey

back in the old days I used tohate the silver leads and used to paint them that would last 10 mins on a good day

G

Gary Knowles

I'd just put them down somewhere and wouldn't be able to find them again...