Savage Gear Bushwhacker XLNT Rod

raf1870

Reaction score
Hi

Looking to see if anyone has purchased a Savage Gear Bushwhacker XLNT rod over the past few years?

I just recently purchased one online but there are a few cosmetic differences on the rod received and I am wondering if I have been sent an older version.

The rod I thought I was purchasing is supposed to look like the image similar to the one from Glasgow Angling Centre on the link below.

This is also the image the seller has on their website:

http://www.fishingmegastore.com/hires/predator_images_fms/sg_bushwhacker_rod.jpg

However, there are two stand out differences on the rod I purchased which has led to doubts in my mind as to whether it is an older version (see images).

attachment.php

attachment.php

Is there anyone on the forums who has purchased a Bushwhacker rod over the past few years who could possibly answer my query?

Cheers

Attachments

• Butt.JPG
    Butt.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 943
  • XLNT.JPG
    XLNT.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 967

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Two questions -

Did you get it at a bargain price?

Does it look like the other and have the same characteristics, other than the differences pointed out?

If both are true, I wouldn't worry. Slight cosmetic changes occur during the manufacturing rod of many rods, sometimes because a particular part has run out and in sourcing a new it is slightly different. If it was at a bargain price as well, perhaps the guy selling used a stock photo as opposed to one of the actual item, happens a lot on fleabay, but if it is the same then ......

Think of it as your wife or girlfriend coming home one day with a mad hairdo. She's still the same underneath and you will still like her action even if she does look a pratt for a while. ;) ;) ;)

bigsean

Reaction score
lol nice train of thought jeff
i was gonna say think of it light same wallpaper, different batch number....
but i prefer ur take on it :D

greeny1321

Reaction score
I don't think there was ever a different version of that rod but I could be wrong. Either way savage gear make nice lure rods so be happy that you got one! I know I love using mine :)

Phil Adams

Reaction score
Ive a version of this rod that was bought in 2010 from Harris Angling. Its identical to the pic that you poster except for the buttcap not having orange indents (think its a black buttcap with an orange band)

just a cosmetic difference

hth

servita

Reaction score
Good evening Raf,

I bought one rod that apparently is identical to what you shown on the two pictures.

The rod I have it was bought in December 2010. My rod is a Savage Gear Bushwhacker 8' 6", 20-60 g.

In my opinion is the best rod I have ever got for pike fishing. Furthermore I think, now it is not available, only up to 40 g action which does not suit with my stile of pike fishing (spinning with soft lures).

I am very happy with my rod.

Ciao