Elton reservoir. any info??

chris hall

Reaction score
Has any one here fished elton reservoir recently? the one near bury lancashire.

I went for a look at it on sunday and it looks quite a featureless and dificult water. Anyone know what is in here and wether it is day ticket or not? It would be a long way for me to trundle back home if it were no good and didnt do day tickets. I want to go after the Pike if there is any in there.

Cheers for any info.

Chris

T

The Monk

used to fish it years ago, it was usually good for a few doubles on a day session in thiose days, so was small elton next door, the pump house used to be a favorite, althjopugh I also caught from the shallows opposite, dead macs used to be the thing

chris hall

Reaction score
cheers for that, so its worth a dabble then,do you know if its day ticket or not??

Its been a long time since I spoke to you I must say.Been without internet for a while.

cheers, chris

Paul C

Reaction score
Chris, it's day ticket. Sent you a PM with some info.

chris hall

Reaction score
Thankyou Paul. Your info is most appreciated.

If there is any info on waters in the chorley area I will do my best to get you the info.

Thanks again, Chris.

Gebsrus

Reaction score
Has anyone got any useful 'updated' info on the fishing at Elton Res please?

Appreciated

kelvin 3

Reaction score
yeah dont waste your time have fished the wall 3 times and nothing was always good for 50 pound plus bags

Gebsrus

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply kelvin 3. Guess I wont be fishing there then!!! Cheers mate

Paul C

Reaction score
It's no longer an easy water, but like any where it's a bit tough, if you catch it right then you'll very much have a day to remember.

There are fewer bream in there, but what's in, is much larger, so it's a case of working the place out and being prepared for a few dissapointments along the way.

Location and time of day that you fish is key, as you will not catch on a warm, still, sunny day.

The rewards are there, but if you want fishing where you just turn up and chuck out and catch, then it's not the place for you.

Gebsrus

Reaction score
Thanks Paul C. Now we're talking! I don't mind a hard water, providing, like you say, the rewards are there.

Looks like I'll be paying it a visit after all.

Cheers mate