Choices, Choices, Choices . . .

dangermouse

Reaction score
Weather looks like it should be fairly nice tomorrow, I have the day to myself so I`m planning on going fishing. So I have 3 choices of where to go;

1) I could give the Don a try. Problem with this is that there aren`t many swims up my neck of the woods, half a dozen at most. To reach the nicer swims means an hour+ walk. The other thing is my experience of fishing rivers is pretty limited and whilst a blank isn`t the worst thing in the world it would be nice to catch something.

2) I could walk up to the local fishery. Unfortunately there haven`t been any match reports in the paper for a couple of weeks so I`ve no idea how it`s fishing. As money is pretty tight atm I don`t really want to spend a fiver fishing a water if it`s not producing. It`s a fairly shallow lake/pond and I`m not sure how it will fish at this time of year.

3) I could give the canal a try. Again not sure how it will fish at this time of year but I reckon I should catch something although most likely it`ll be small fish. Added advantage is that if I walk up to the top end of the canal I can always jump across (not literally) to a few swims on the Don.

What would you do?

BTW if anyone else has the day free and fancies joining me somewhere drop me a pm.