Public Launch of Fisheries Accreditation Scheme

• Thread starter Graham Marsden (ACA)
  • Start date
G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Seems like a good plan to me. And if it does do the job it is meant to do then it's up to us to only patronise those commercial fisheries that are accredited.

T

The Monk

yes it helps give some type of order to the industry, mind you a lot of cowboy builders have been accredited to the Master Builders scheme

GileZ

Reaction score
Hopefully it will give anglers an idea of whether or not a fishery is managed correctly. However, until something is such as this is made compulsory there will still be overstocked commercials raking money in and not caring about the consequences on their fish. And whilst this is an excellent idea, there are unfortunately those anglers who will fish a lake no matter how badly it is maintained, if it means they are "guaranteed" a double/twenty/thirty etc.

GileZ

Reaction score
You would hope so, wouldn't you! What are they trying to do, buy the football ground?

T

Terry D

You can lead a horse to water.....I just doubt everyone will want to sign up to it.

M

MarkTheSpark

What are they trying to do, buy the football ground?

Maybe not the ground, but you could get the team for that kind of money....

/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
Iwonder how much this is going to costfishery owners to sign upto??? I do agree that regulation can`t be a bad thingbut because someone won`t sign up doesn`t mean they are a cowboy outfit and people shouldn`t happily fish there.

It reminds me a little of the water lilly symbol that someone tried to introduce a few years ago,that stank of well if it doesn`t carry the mark then it`s not fish friendly/approved etc....i didn`t see all the major players rushing to sign up for that one!!!