Koi carp

Beecy

Reaction score
My mothers got a Ghost Koi ( we think, its white anyway ) in her pond. Weve not had it out of the water but its a big thickfish, about 18in long and I'd guess the weight to be a good 5 or 6 lb maybe more, its about 10-12 yrs old.

A guy in thier local has offered them £200 for it and shes thinking of selling, but ive told her to hang fire as I think it may be worth quite a bit more

anybody any idea ?

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Sometimes the patterns on them can boast value? Like theres one called the rising sun. Basically it has a circle on its head. Lots of random stuff like that.

gerry h

Reaction score
SHE SHOULD TAKE THE MONEY ,GHOST KOI ARENT REALLY WORTH THAT MUCH ANYWAY .EVEN IF IT IS HIKARI MUJI (METALLIC WHITE)ITS UNLIKLY TO BE JAPANESSE AS SHE WOULD HAVE KNOWN AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE,FOR £2OO YOU COULD BUY AN ISREALI3 YEAR OLD THAT SIZE .KOI PRICES ARE LIKE CARS BIG MONEY IS ONLY PAYED FOR YOUNG FISH WITH GOOD POTENTIAL ,AND THE JAPS ARE WERE THE BIG MONEY IS

W

Wolfman Woody

I kept a Japanese Koi for 22 years and was offered £400 at one stage. It died a couple of years ago and now supports a rhododendron bush.

The Isreali fish aren't worth much. Discounted as they have little bits missing from them, so I've heard.

-

Koi-Op. Good one Merv!!!/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif