sea fishing outfit

Craig Mason 2

Reaction score
I am going to scarborough for a week and want to go float fishing off the harbour wall so i am looking for a basic float fishing outfit under £30

alan

Reaction score
have you got any carp/pike gear? that will do for float fishing from a wall.

Craig Mason 2

Reaction score
Ihave a pro touch telescopic heavy action rod thats suited for general freshwater and saltwater applications

alan

Reaction score
if you only want the rod for a week i would use that. if you do catch something big hand line it up rather then put the strain on the rod.

Craig Mason 2

Reaction score
what tackle would you suggest

I know i need a reel line lb ??? hooks size ??? floats weights??? cannot think of anything else it says on the scarborough website

WEST PIER Suitable for ‘new’ anglers and children. Fishing on to mainly sandy bottom. The main catches are billet, codling, with whiting and mackerel in season.

alan

Reaction score
12-15lb mainline, 10lb hook length, size 4 or 2 hooks, as to the floats a 1/4 -1/2oz one.

on a pier you you wont need to cast, just drop it over the side. adjust the depth till you find the fish. rag worm or sand eels would probably be the best bait.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I would pop into the local tackle shop. They will have all the relavent gear and show you how to set it up.

Take the rod with you. I can not give better advice as i can not find the rod in google.

Ian Whittaker

Reaction score
Craig , I fished Scarborough last year, plenty of little pollack/coalies on the inside down the wall on tiny squid strips on size8 hooksand a few flounder on rag on a nylon paternoster fished on the carp rod.

Stick with what you have tackle wise.Thereare 2 tackle shops where you can buy what you're short of when you have had a look at the pier/harbour

Craig Mason 2

Reaction score
some info on my rod from shakespeare 1135.360 pro touch telescopic rod This rod was current in our range of tackle in 1998. A heavy action rod ideally suited for general freshwater and saltwater applications, it had a casting weight of 50-100gm

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I would then fish 2 paternosters under a float about 1oz on the bottom. size 2 hooks.

Keep a eye out for the mullet. not sure if there found there but a loaf of bread is a very good bait just drop down to size 4 or 6 hook.