FM's Sky Advertising Banners

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that the SKY advertising banners cause a major delay before the forum text can be displayed.

It's the same for me at work and at home. At it's worst I have had to repeatedly hit refresh until another company's advert times up.

Nothing against SKY, just a pain in the rrrrrrs /forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif

Reaction score
Ah! It did it again when I submitted the thread.

On the plus side I am starting to see the benefits of AOL and Citroens, they don't knacker my broadband!!!!

captain carrott

Reaction score
i kept getting a flash add on warning telling me if i didn't stop it running it would slow my pc to a crawl. so i had to press yes twice to stop it and it still took an age to download a page.

but this seems to have cleared up sice this morning,

M

Maggot

FM is the best general fishing web site but ifmembers can't even get any pages displayed you will be losing quite a few members.

It is only the FM web site; all other web sites are ok.

Some people are OK and it is not the speed of the machine that does it either. I have had to use my work PC to view the FM pages as my home PC (which is not a low spec PC) is far too slow when viewing the FM pages.

It has suddenly (over the last few days) become very very very slowand refresh needs to be done time after time and eventually if your lucky the page you have selected gets displayed.

Up until last few days it was fine. Graham this is a serious problem that needs sorting.

M

Maggot

Of couse it may be my Broadband suppliers fault (Virgin) as I remember having this sort of trouble when playing World of Warcraft onlineonce and it turned out to be NTLs (now virgin) web connection being too slow.

If so sorry Graham.

But as I said; other web sites are fine it seems to be onlyFM that the problem occurs on.

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Been out most of the day so only just read this and the tech team will be away until Monday if it is a problem at our end.

I'm not having a problem myself but I do have a high spec machine so keep me informed on this thread all those who are experiencing slow pages - just be sure though that it is only happening on FM.

alan

Reaction score
Maggot, if your on virgin try this.

start

run

type CMD press enter

in the box that opens type

tracert www.fishingmagic.com

look at the ping times.

now do the same but type

tracert www.bbc.co.uk

are the times lower or the same? virgin have started overloading thier network and tracing a route will show any virgin problems.

Reaction score
It's still slowing me down majorly, Graham...

It took nearly two minutes to get this page up to reply to your post

I'm pretty sure it's just the SKY banner causing the problem.

C

Cakey

no probs here either .........................................

C

Cakey

I found six adverts so far and also a couple of times where there was no advert but every page opens super fast

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

Can't see any SKY banner but it is slow, I did mention this on the A.T. thread

C

Cakey

must be my super duper new pc running vista because its still ok here

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

All those who are running slow please let us know on this thread what ISP you use, thanks.