jet skis

T

trev matthews

Due to an unfortunate set of incidents I was forced to fish a lake that had lots of jet skis wizzing around on it. I ended up fishing the very near margins and whilst I did catch a few nice fish I also noticed bream topping at about 60 meters out beyond the jet skis in the centre of the lake. How do I get a bait out to them with out my line getting cut by the jet skis ? Do jet skis cut line ? Do they scare the fish away ? any one fish a lake in similar circumstances that could offer help would be nice.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Trev maybe try a backlead ,or another lake.Personally mate I would rather pull my own teeth out.

Matty C

Reaction score
lol I love it.. "Forced" to fish a lake.. haha.. my suggestion would be backlead.. n Im sure if you saw fish topping, the jet ski's dont scare them that much..

glenn melsome

Reaction score
i use to make trailers for boats and i done a cuple for jet skis the two ive seen would not cut your line theres nothing under neath them exsept for a flatish botum with a couple of runers for when they come on land.

but as bream are greedy guts i would look at away of drawing them fish to me by feeding

T

trev matthews

Thanks Guys I am also going to try a shortish length of leadcore leader also to see if that works. I should be able to pin the line down below the jet skis without any hassle. Matty yes your right I dont think it bothers the fish too much as they must be used to it. When I got to the lake the jet skis hadnt started and the water was very clear in the margins and I could see to the bottom about 3 ft, but once the wave action from the jet skis had been splashing about a bit the margins coloured up and the fish started to feed right under my feet. I got three nice Carp about 5lb apiece but couldnt fathom a way at getting out to the bream id seen in the middle.

mick rees

Reaction score
i used to fish the boating lake at billing aquadrome and the fishing was brilliant but now jet skis are the norm ,the fishing has gone down the pan as nobody bothers to fish as the jets have priority

T

trev matthews

So what youre saying then Mick is that because no one fishes any more the fishing has declined ? or the fish have declined? I wouldnt mind betting that the fish have thrived on neglect and there may be some absolute monsters in there now that arnt used to anglers baits. mmmm Billing isnt that far from me.

mick rees

Reaction score
As far as i know there is no fishing allowed on the boating lake due to the jet skis being on there but if you find out different let me know and i will be back there as my mate has a caravan there unfortunately theres no night fishing allowed so i will have to put up with them