nets how to keep clean

glenn melsome

Reaction score
i no you talked about this two days ago but I'm disgusted to learnnoneof you keep your nets clean the first thing i do when i get home is empty all my fishing tackle and give it a inspection and clean if needed and tidied away for next time and right a list of things I'm getting short of or anything i want all my nets go in the washing machine then in tumble machine for drying come on lads dirty nets contain germs that could kill fish i believe there should be a £5 fine and turned away until there clean for christ sake think

they say think before you drink before you drive

you need to think beforeyou drive before youfish

if any one nos a beter way please let me no

stikflote

Reaction score
you are jokin, how the hell do you get keepnets and landing nets in the washer.

glenn melsome

Reaction score
you take the metal ring out of the keepnet

take the nets of the landing nets

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

"all my nets go in the washing machine then in tumble machine for drying"

??????????????????????????????????????

/forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

"you take the metal ring out of the keepnet"

REALLY?

glenn melsome

Reaction score
tumble drying machine that should be i thought this would get this lot going

F

Fred Bonney

Glenn,sorry mate,your just taking this cleanlyness thing too far!

Nets only need tobe dried in sunlight after use.

glenn melsome

Reaction score
yes every time i would hate to think i put that deseas in the water and killed all them fish

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Ok, if I can slip all my nets and weigh sling in the washer (without the missus noticing) should I use Lenor?

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Well Wendi told me you liked to wear nets Steve.......and also that it would take more than Lenor to make them suple again!

And Freds idea just makes em stiffer!

Glen, Steves Wendi looks better than him in anything! but you worry me!

J K

Reaction score
When I first read this I had to double check that it hadn't been started 01/04....

W

Wolfman Woody

Glen, you sound as if you might be suffering from an obsessive disorder to me. Help is available from local psychiatrists free of charge, but consult your local GP first.

Questions:

Do you find yourself washing your hands every time you touch something?

Do you find yourself checking you've locked the doors several times before leaving home?

Do you have to change your socks and underpants ten times a day?

Do you have to check the top is well screwed on the tomato ketchup bottle after you used it?

Do you not like handling fish without a towel?

You may have an obsessive disorder. /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif But don't let it worry you, you'll forget all about it when the Alzheimer's kicks in.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Hehehehehe LOL

Sorry no txt talk!

edit.

I laughed my *****ng rocks off Jeff!

Sorry can't put a winky smile in, don't want to upset anyone!

glenn melsome

Reaction score
yes lads bait boxes bukets nets bags every thing gets wiped clean or washed it takes me about an hour in total but done through out the day

you here a bought matt hays, paul young, john wilson, henry or is it hary plus the ones on tight lines

not even your top fishermen

but you never here them talk about keeping things clean and tidy look after our waters and there look after us they talk about tackle but the first thing i put in is first aid

hey lads you get woody to do tests on my equipment compared to any of yours if your equipment contains less deases backteryer or any thing else ill stop doing it and do it your way but at the moment dont look at me when fish are diying

but woody your write i have got an illness spinal muscular atrophy/myopothy plus ive been toold this illness is on my heart but i wont sit at home and die i would rather die fishing. sorry lads i was trying to keep this a secreet

W

Wolfman Woody

"you here a bought matt hays, paul young, john wilson, henry or is it hary plus the ones on tight lines"

Steve,

I'm having trouble undestanding him, is he from your way by any chance?

If so, mind translating for me please (only if you have translation clearance from baz of course).

glenn melsome

Reaction score
hi kakey youve come back from the pub then weve mised you no sorry lads i stay at home if theres foot and mouth and stop spreading the diseas

C

Cakey

hi Flenn.................................dont visit the pub,might catch something of the glasses