Chub Fishing - Milk Powered Chub

themyth

Reaction score
some interesting informative material,his thoughts that fish can detect the h.n.v of a bait is consistent with my findings,and the baits application is very important.
going back 15-20 years i pre-baited a lake with the hi-nu-val through the winter months,the lake contained 25-30 fish,the largest was a common that had only ever been caught once to our knowledge,a very wily old charactor,cut a long story short' i caught the common on my very first trip useing the bait,i packed up very happy that day,returned a few days later and caught it again along with the lakes largest mirror carp.

Simon K

Reaction score
Excellent article. I have a vested interest in this subject at the moment and it's good to have as much informed opinion as possible.

I'd recently read about the Cray/Mittens protein/trypsin relationship and have come to the conclusion that on my local beat it's probably the answer to sudden huge weight increases amongst the known cray-eating species.

The only problem is the difficulty in pre-baiting and knowing some is actually getting past the crays to the fish.

Paul Morley

Reaction score
Excellent Peter, not my bag but very thorough article. I guess as I don't have to use these methods I don't - did get some circle hooks you recommended and the Free Spirits are still in use!!

chubb man

Reaction score
hi just a quick one i remember making boilies back in the early 80s.we made ours out of egg flour water and good old stawberry nesquick for flavour.