Job offer in Falklands

Emmo (Angling Trust)

Reaction score
Got a job offer in Falklands.Anyone know about fishing there? I know that there is an Autumn and Spring Sea Trout run but little other info.

Sea fishing must be good owing to the number of seals and penguins resident!!!!!!

Any snippets gratefully received.

T

trev matthews

The best fishing is in the inlets and coves but apart from a few trout that the locals are very keen to boast about its mostly mullet. I took out a 10ft stalker rod and a reel loaded with 10lb line some big hooks and a few ledger weights. Bait was chunks of mutton and because the water was so clear we had to fight off the bloody seagulls in order to stop the bait getting robbed.

In summary take some stout fluff flinging kit some small but heavy spinners or spoons and a stalker rod. Pack it all extremely carefully as the RAF baggage handlers are not gentle. Hope this helps and if you can, say a very big hello to the NAAFI Manageress for me.

Mithrandir

Reaction score
A guy on another forum I use fished briefly there last year, said the Mullet are excellent sport, the trout are brilliant in the right season, but watch out for the bull seals if you are on the shore, they can get nasty.

Oh, and he said take loads of sun block as it is very strong down there.

Look forward to hear how you get on.

Emmo (Angling Trust)

Reaction score
Thanks guys,Trev will pass on greetings to NAAFI Manageress (Though I do believe they are all Spar now).

I will post an update when I had my first trip, from there if possible.

Mullet and trout then!!!!!