Badger gone bust

matt

Reaction score
I found this on another forum just thought I'd inform you guys.

'I have just found the following article in the london gazzett if anyone has anything owed to them please ensure you write to the liquidators CRG Insolvency & Financial Recovery as soon as possible.

BADGER INTERNATIONAL LIMITED

58439\0085

Publication Date: Tuesday, 4 September 2007

Notice Code: 2442

Meetings of Creditors

BADGER INTERNATIONAL LIMITED

(Company Number 03991477)

Notice is hereby given, pursuant to section 98 of the Insolvency Act 1986, that a Meeting of the Creditors of the above-named Company will be held at the offices of CRG Insolvency & Financial Recovery, Alexandra Dock Business Centre, Fisherman’s Wharf, Grimsby DN31 1UL, on 27 September 2007, at 11.00 am, for the purposes mentioned in sections 99 to 101 of the said Act. Creditors wishing to vote at the Meeting must lodge their proxy, together with a full statement of account, at the registered office, Alexandra Dock Business Centre, Fisherman’s Wharf, Grimsby DN31 1UL, not later than 12.00 noon on 26 September 2007. For the purposes of voting, a secured Creditor is required (unless he surrenders his security) to lodge at CRG Insolvency & Financial Recovery, Alexandra Dock Business Centre, Fisherman’s Wharf, Grimsby DN31 1UL, before the Meeting, a statement giving particulars of his security, the date when it was given and the value at which it is assessed. The Meeting may consider the terms of remuneration of the appointed Liquidator and the fees and costs for the calling and holding of the Meeting of Creditors. Notice is further given that a list of the names and addresses of the Company’s Creditors may be inspected, free of charge, at Alexandra Dock Business Centre, Fisherman’s Wharf, Grimsby DN31 1UL, between 10.00 am and 4.00 pm on the two business days preceding the date of the Meeting stated above.

S G Allen, Director'

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Have seen some of their stuff so no surprise there. The market is awash with poor quality gear. They wont be the last to go...

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay AMIMechE (SA) MIFE (SA) (ACA)

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

There is nothing worse or more of a blatant rip-off than crap fishing tackle sold at cheap and nasty prices. It is complete false economy to be taken in by this dross. Get youself decent gear; looked after it will last for many many years. I have reels which were bought in 1970 that are still in working order - by ABU Svangsta of course.

alan

Reaction score
for a set of blatant rip-off than crap fishing tackle sold at cheap and nasty prices my 2 bait runners that i bought 2 years ago are still going strong, maybe not the best on the market, but all i could afford at the time and i would buy another pair if needed.

same as all my cheap and nasty Ron Thompson beach gear, 4 years old abused every week for the first 3 years and still going strong, just 1 eye that needs replacing from when i dropped one of my rods.

cheap tackle does not always mean nasty tackle.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
I've seen some perfectly respectable Badger gear, maybe not top of the brand names but does that warrant a good slagging off?

Some people, me included just can't afford £100 plus rods or £200 reels and the like, there is a place for budget tackle.

Fishing is the everyman's pastime is it not?

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay AMIMechE (SA) MIFE (SA) (ACA)

Neither can I Paul. I have never paid £200 for a reel in my life, more like no more than £70, but there are some marvellous reels from Shimano and Daiwa that cost no more. Try the Shakespeare stable, an excellent range of stuff that is good value for money.

A hell of a lot of my rods are top names, but have been acquired on the second hand market or on special offer. My first Drennan Tench Float rod I bought second hand for £60, half the list price.

Some time ago I bought a Ron Thompson ruck sack. The damn thing came apart after a couple of months.

Lee Swords

Reaction score
Its a shame...I don't like to see anyone fail.

Badger did some reasonable budget gear...I am sorry they have fallen.

P

Phil Hackett The common Boastful Expert :-)

There will be another one along shortly, don't despair guys!

Reaction score
it is a shame they have gone bust just think off all them people now out of work i think alot of the time it just that when a company starts up they just cannot afford to take the big guns on bit if they can sell cheeper stuff they start to build on that

just look at skoda ?

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
There will be many a kid or family man that will be sorry to see these go bust, they provided a service for the not so well off. Alright they were never going to be top of the range but they sold serviceable gear that did what it said on the label at an affordable price and it does no one any justice to gloat because they have gone bust, that is someones living you are gloating over.

B

Bully

I wonder how many people who have slammed Badger have ACTUALLY bought their gear?

I have no gripe with "cheap n cheerful" products in any area. Where I do have a gripe is with premium brand names supplying defective products, and I dont think there is any other industry worse than angling. That and massively overpriced rubbish (e.g. baits).

I have had to return 2 Shimano rods, nash chair, JRC chair, nash bivvy (twice), Fox alarms and a chub bed chair.

Just hope not too many have lost jobs.

Trisantona

Reaction score
Too right Bully,then there's all the smaller items that fall to bits that we don't bother returning,some of the bits i have bought from big name co.s have been rubbish,recently bought some floating bread that sank even without a hook.!!!!!!

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
I won a badger reel for a user reveiw write-up on this sight last year.If my memory serves me correct it was grahamstop choice from all the reels he looked at in the reveiw.

NIGE K

Reaction score
badger are just outside grimsby in holton le clay and i think they own ultimate angling just round the corner from them are they folding to.