Haunted Lakes/Swims

C

Cider Bob*PAC*

Ive just read a post from Steveotalking about a haunted swim on the lake I fish which scared the living daylights out of me. Has anyone else experienced some ghostly goings on whilst on an overnighter?/forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif

P

Phil Hackett The common Boastful Expert :-)

Ed and Graham can tell you some ghostly stories about fishing a place called Birth Pool.Graham has a photoof him with a hook in his mouth, which he swears was not a set up.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay AMIMechE (SA) MIFE (SA) (ACA)

The classic is the Evening Pitch on Redmire Pool. Tony Miles and other writers have described their experiences whilst bivvied at this spot.

How water in the kettle has frozen solid on a warm September night. How a huge green goggled eyed monster has been seen and strange shadows that have moved around.

Redmire is very old, and according to he classic book "Redmire Pool" by Kevin Clifford and Len Arbury, the dam wall was probably constructed at some time in the early 17th century. I have heard tell that the pool was used to dunk nagging women using the ducking stool. If this was true, there is no doubt that some of them may have drowned.

I have had the odd strange experience whilst out fishing. Once in South Africa, the other whilst fishing the River Leam near Hunningham. The latter experience took place in broad daylight!

MikeW

Reaction score
My local water has a long history of spooky goings on and many that have reported things don't really believe in such things and were a little uneasy at reporting them. It is a former quarry and we know that a young man drowned in there in the late 60's, two anglers died on the banks in the late 80's and a man gased himself in his car on the car park in 1991. People that have no prior knowledge of any of this or any of the previous reports have told me about things they have seen etc.. The usual time for the occurences is late afternoon or just as light is fading and interestingly they seem to occur at certain times of the year, perhaps around the times that the people mentioned above passed away???

Paul C

Reaction score
"the pool was used to dunk nagging women using the ducking stool".

How much is it for a weekend??? I'm a real sucker for oldtraditions!!

C

Cakey

Paul C ....................................get in the queue mate

glenn melsome

Reaction score
no honestly i have been told many storys of gosts but ive never seen one wickham where i use to live

there spose to be one at wickham church that i use to walk past to go fishingits spose to of been a jipsy that got maried in the church and on her way out got run down while crossing the road on her weding day

theres another at stonehom lakes in eastliegh

but honestly ive neverseen any but then again ive not seen any u.f.o. ether