Chub Fishing in Buckinghamshire

Luke Haines

Reaction score
I was wondering whether any other forum member has any experience fishing for chub in the Buckinghamshire area?

I would like to target chub, and am currently considering what equipment to purchase.

I was thinking of going down the more traditional route of a float rod and centerpin reel.

All help appreciated.

Kind Regards

chav professor

Reaction score
Hi Luke,

trotting baits is a really killing method on its day and IMO cannot be beaten - it allows you to search out a swim and taking a mobile approach, lots of water is covered.

I would recomend a feeder rod for ledgering as for one reason or another, it is rare for ideal trotting conditions..... 90% of my chubbing is by ledger.

There are plenty of articles on FM - check out the specimen label that pops up under the features banner above.

Don't get too wrapped up in tackle/super baits - Chub are pretty obliging and so long as you are stealthy and approach the river thinking about why a chub should be found in a aprticular area it will grow into an obsesion!

Christian

Luke Haines

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice.

I was going to use natural baits such as worms, slugs. will also use bread and cheese paste as from what I read it seems a good bait for chub.

Kind Regards

---------- Post added at 09:56 ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 ----------

Christian,
I don't seem to see a pop up under the FM banner?

Kind Regards

dangermouse

Reaction score
Run your mouse over "Features" and there`s a drop down menu, click on "Coarse Fishing" then "Specimen".

Luke Haines

Reaction score
thanks for that.

Kind Regards

---------- Post added at 11:00 ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 ----------

have been reading through the articles in the specimen section.

Will have to take a drive out to my local river and talk a walk to see the likely pools and swims that may hold chub.

After some research I have found out that I can fish sections of the Rove Ouse around Buckingham on day ticket.

Kind Regards

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Hi Luke, You could join The Tring anglers, they have some nice stretches of the Thame, not too far from you....
There are also some chub in their canal sections too....

the wise one

Reaction score
Padbury brook (also known as Claydon Brook or River Twin).

A tributary of the Gt Ouse.

Buckingham & District AA yearly membership or dayticket from local tackle shops or Tingewick Post Office, Tingewick.

Great Chub fishing. I've caught loads of 4lb and 5lb Chub and bigger.
Also the odd good Perch.

agamemnon

Reaction score
hi luke, not really into fishing rivers much myself but my cousin used to get some real nice chub from the ouze on mkaa ticket. failing that the river thame always was a real good bet for the chub

chav professor

Reaction score
I was going to PM you about this little gem, but run out of season. I have just re-read your article Sean and really enjoyed it again........ top advise Luke and enjoy your fishing!