Where can I buy a riddle?

glenn melsome

Reaction score
went fishing Thursday night didn't get a bite we fished from 6-8 is this taken the whatsits or not

when i got there i made up some ground bait mullet magic with particle mix and through three hand fulls in where i had the bites a week before right side for carp left side for float i through 3 slices of bread in the water to find out if any fish just under the surface nothing

we started to pack up just as we packed the rods awayi had fish taken bits of the surface just where i had ground baited about3/4ft out there must have been 8/10 fish

where did we go wrong

Ive got maggots left how long can i keep them for and where do i get a rdle from to sort out the maggots from casters and how do i keep casters

E

EC

Difficult to say where you went wrong without actually being there mate. Remember that every time you go fishing is different from the last time so although you might have caught last time out, subtle changes to the temperature or your presentation, or a million and one other things could have put the fish off on this particular time.

Maggots should last a good while in a fridge, just check them daily. Casters you can keep in a sealed plastic bag in the fridge, or put them in a bait box in the fridge, and then cover them with newspaper so that when youput the lid on they are fairly airtight. Exposure to air for too long will turn them dark and make them float (or even turn them to flies).

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

You can get a riddle from your tackle shop --

or from :

HERE

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Glenn, DO NOT buy off these two door to door riddle sellers,they're rogues !!!.
GypsyMen.jpg

glenn melsome

Reaction score
i went fishing again today when i opened the lid off the maggot they were wet so from thursday untill today what went rong what can i put in them to dry them my freind said flour

E

EC

Maize will do the job but if you use adeep bucket, leave it in a cool place and leave the lid off your maggots will be sound.

glenn melsome

Reaction score
can i put saw dust in with the maggots to dry them or do they need feeding bran is that the cereal breakfast kind

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

Tackle, or even a joke shop for riddles/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

You'll probably get bran from the health food shops, not the Bran Flakes type. But it's many years since I did anything with maggots/casters.

I have heard that casters can be kept in the baby bottle sterilizer liquid, Milton, in a fridge but I have never used it.

glenn melsome

Reaction score
what does bran actually do

can i use saw dust as Ive already got some for my sons hamster

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

You could save the riddles from Christmas crackers ..........