Winter Bait's ??

steveo

Reaction score
/forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gifHi.

Due to me being skint for the forseeable future this is gonna be my first winter without boilees.Ive racked my brain's on past winter bait's and the good ol boilee has always done me proud.Ive also done well on boilee's and hemp,sweetcorn has scored well but there is a massive head of siver fish so that's out and also hemp.I have tried various partical's Peanut's where allowed,kidney bean's,chick pea's,tiger's,brazil's over the yearsall with very patchy result's,I thought of pellet but they again have alot of oil and that would be counter productive in the cold water.I am thinking of trying Maize due to its price,availability and resistance to small fish,has anyone got any experience in using Maize in the winter or know of a CHEAP winter bait.?

E

EC

Pellet, wrapped in pellet paste is a good one, you can flavour the paste with solubleattractors for coldwater use, or tryboilies made from pellets.

For sweetcorn you could use the artificial stuff.

steveo

Reaction score
Thank's Frothey,Eddie I once went down the trying to make boilee's from pellet route/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif and thought i was on a winner,it's not that simple,plain groundpellet mixed with egg's was useless and i had to start adding fine semolina or 50/50 to the mix,different pellet's needed different amounts of semolina it was a bastard to roll and was to crumbly and wasnt worth the hassle.Plus i want to stay away from too much oil.

Thanx anyway Gonna stick with the Maize unless someone comes up with anything better

C

Cakey

fill your profile in and someone might be able to help.............................................

steveo

Reaction score
I would Cakey but i like to keep anonymous as possible.i dont see much relevence in my profile.Im jus your average carper,i aint no expert or master ninja.What do you want to know about me./forum/smilies/devil_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

I know someone looking for a field tester but if your not local to him its no good to him

Mithrandir

Reaction score
Cakey, I am near Salisbury and more than willing to try a bait out for your mate if he wants.

flukes

Reaction score
Maple peas are a very good winter bait can buy a 25kilo sack for about 15 quid i used a sweetner when soaking or you can try sprouted maples gives off an incredibly potent food signal.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Cakey

Miths forgot to mention that he would save on food shopping and test the bait by eating the bait himself /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif....if you don't hear from him in the next 48 hours the bait was c**p/forum/smilies/thinking_smiley.gif