Who got beat at Rother Valley?

T

TT

I would just like to congratulate Billy Boy for his success at Rother Valley to day. Shame about the big carp that got away! Never mind Critter, better luck next time (the rumours about no fish in rother valley must be true)!!

CRITTER

Reaction score
well it started as a bream sesh a couple of us went to targit some of the big bream that are known to dwell in the depths of the valley.

now the previous days conditions where the best .

but saturdays didnt look inviting clear sky even clearer water conditions nuff sead!

to cut a long story short billy boy caught half a dozen good sized bream but only after he pulled what was left of his hair out!

cat managed to whittle a couple of nice carp out at range ,martin a mate of billy boys who only started fishing this year had a smashing day with us and good for him he landed a carp and managed to bank a couple of bream around the 6-lb mark.

Now the thing is all had cought fish exept me.....DAMB!

HAHA.

NO MATTER WHAT I TRYED I COULDNT WHITTLE A MINNOW YESTERDAY IF I TRYED.

but thats how it gos sometimes but it wont put me off going again as the place that is sapposed to be void of fish is heaving with them .AND I MEAN HEAVING.I know that i blanked but every dog has its day.but trust in what i say the place is heaving with big bream carp ,perch and as i sore yesterday its got a good head of small chub to boot!

a couple of people i have spoke to about the place have sead that its void of fish and the black plague had cleared all swimming things out . Now to them i say frollocks!!!!

you had better go have a look or even better go for a fish and see for yourself.

just pray that you dont have a gray day like i had .

(if only i had taken my carp rods i could have fished at range ?????)

next time they can get ready as im going fully gunned!

2 bags of lime some dynomite an hangranade and even some depth chargers!

/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

CRITTER

Reaction score
hold on .......TT AS I RECALL YOU BROUGHT THE BOY DOWN FOR A WALK AND CAT BEING THE GOOD SPORT HE IS LET HIM HAVE A GO WITH HIS SPINNING ROD!

at least he had a fish where was your rod???????

/forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

CRITTER

Reaction score
this place is needing a full on weekender at somepoint to seee what is dwelling in the depths and depths i mean hummingbird showed a depth of 30+ feet in places and i know its deeper the further you go out who knows it may even hold a record shaker?

T

TT

Yes he did, he was a good sport. My rod was saftly tuck up in it's cosey rod bag. You must reemeber I had been watching the rugby all afternoon and had trouble walking in a straight line let alone fishing in one!!!!

CRITTER

Reaction score
errr id leave it there if i was you .

watching the rugby ....................not fishing.................had a few ......................straight line and all.

thats no excuse is it .

/forum/smilies/thinking_smiley.gif

CAT

Reaction score
I was the last to turn up due to me being allergic to mornings and all that but im glad i made one, the 9lb Common gave a good account of its self better than the 13lb Mirror i also had four Bream 4-6lb and lost another Carp an hour into dark ow i nearly forgot i also had a Percy Perch on the spinner.

Shame you Berty Blanked on your own venue Danny Boy but you had the added pressure of Billy breathing down your neck.

Nice to meet Shep and his Family even if thier Staffy did eat all my sweetcorn. lol

T

TT

He did not eat all your sweetcorn, although he may have tried! Ha ha ha

CAT

Reaction score
Clever dog though all the same lol, nice to meet you all, you needbring your fishing tackle next time.

CRITTER

Reaction score
my water! ha every dog has its day mate.

plus all the fish were in billys swim or was that my swim i cant remember but he cut that from your play book didnt he ?

hahahahahaha lol only kidding mate.

T

TT

shep says,,he must be cat;s lucky mascot because every time hewent to him he bagged a fish ,pity he couldn,t show all how to fish