Hi everybody

Reaction score
Hi there! I have been a member for a few years but I don't think I ever posted more than 3 times. To be honest I stopped after being sent a pretty uncalled for abusive message by another angler(celebrity angler who i nearly reported to the authorities no names mentioned). Anyway, gonna be on the forum regularly so hi to everyone and glad to back! Tight lines

Reaction score
Cheers guys nice to be here! Unfortunately I think he was a regular spiders. Never mind though i won't be going anywhere this time and like always will carry on reading his stuff! I like the new look FM its good! I always found the members on here very helpfull! I'm a bit rusty with the replying to posts do bear with me

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Welcome back Hurgen and remember, with forums you have to develop a thick skin. Most on here now are very friendly and welcoming, as you can see.

Keep those others in their padded cells please, boss. :D

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for being so friendly. I appreciate it guys! I hope I'm not taking libs by asking for help too soon but I wanted to fish the wye for chub and barbel next week before the season ends. Any help would be great!

Last edited:

dangermouse

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for being so friendly. I appreciate it guys! I hope I'm not taking libs by asking for help too soon but I wanted to fish the wye for chub and barbel next week before the season ends. Any help would be great!

Might be worth starting a new thread to ask for advice on those subjects.

Can`t help you myself other than to say there are some great articles on FM that deal with those subjects. Look at the top of the page, just under the FM banner and put your mouse over where it says "Features" you should get a drop down menu, put your mouse on "Coarse Fishing" and then click "Specimen" from the next menu that pops out. Loads of interesting stuff on there.

Chevin

Reaction score

Hi Mate, I hope you enjoy the time you spend with us here at FM. There are a lot of friendly and knowledgeable guys here who are always ready to help. I would like to help you with your questions regarding chub on the Wye, but sadly it is not a river with which I am familiar. However, I am sure there will be some who can help you. Just one little tip though if you don't mind me passing it on. If you do get help, please take the trouble to acknowledge it. So often help is given and then those who request it never even bother to say thanks. It is a bit disheartening to those who have given their help so freely.

Reaction score
Hi Mate, I hope you enjoy the time you spend with us here at FM. There are a lot of friendly and knowledgeable guys here who are always ready to help. I would like to help you with your questions regarding chub on the Wye, but sadly it is not a river with which I am familiar. However, I am sure there will be some who can help you. Just one little tip though if you don't mind me passing it on. If you do get help, please take the trouble to acknowledge it. So often help is given and then those who request it never even bother to say thanks. It is a bit disheartening to those who have given their help so freely.
Hi chevin and thanks mate! couldnt agree more as regards to showing gratitude mate. As regards to my trip to the Wye it was definitely an experience! 2 barbel and a chub from the Wye for me and my pal Nick! Couple of nice dace too! Mates rod got pulled in by a Barbel. Could see it in the middle of the river at the poplars stretch of the Wye.Wouldnt go under because of the cork handle.My mate was pulling his two hairs out at how the fish is tethered and that 200 quids worth of gear is on its way to the bottom of the wye! Thankfully local matchmen, Dave Roberts was fishing down stream and gave us a hand. Went to his car,got his salmon rod,first cast,got the rod back,Barbel still attached,my pal grabbed his rod,played the fish and landed a pristine Barbel! Not a scratch on rod,reel,or fish! Thanks again Mr Roberts! What a guy!