Big fish you can't catch!!

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
HI,
As anyone ever seen a very big specimen (any fish) in a water that they are not allowed to fish?
Near me is a series of 3 small Dams (linacre, Chesterfield) that, up untill a few years ago used to be run by a trout club (I used to fish it!) untill severn trent gave it up and handed it to the Derbyshire county council ranger service.
Anyway, the other day I was having a stroll round near the top dam (this dam has very big brown trout in it as they can get to the brook at the top end to breed!) and I noticed a VERY large perch swimming along the dam wall. This fish must have been about 4lb! There are thousands of perch in these lakes but I have never seen one like this, and I just wish I had my rod with me at the time, but alas, the stupid wildlife police have stopped all fishing, typical!

Mark

beerweasel

Reaction score
Cambridge University Botanical gardens pond, it has at least 4 large Chub and there is absolutely no fishing allowed.
I guess it's a case of forbidden fruit. :w

sam vimes

Reaction score
There are several gravel pits very close to my home. Only a couple out of somewhere between ten and fifteen separate waters are fishable. Only one is a nature reserve though. Guess which one has the biggest carp in it?:D

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
There are several water's within a thirty minute drive from me, four of them are set in the most scenic surroundings. Two contain Trout, large Roach, and very large Pike and Perch. The remaining two are an unknown quantity, but undoubtedly must hold a surprise or two. They have remained ''largely'' untouched for the last seventy odd years due to archaic legislation and red tape. Except that is for the ''occasional'' fly fishing day for water authority employee's. Typical eh!!