season tickets

mjw

Reaction score
could anyone reccomend a carp water available on season ticket basis around the berkshire/surrey area. been fishing farnham angling waters this year with no carp to show for my efforts. thought about cemex ,some other threads on the forum have put me off. not after massive fish but a few runs with chance of a thirty would be nice, a spot of piking through the winter would be nice too, thanks,Mark

James Robinson 4

Reaction score
Mark,

I can recommend a carp water on day ticket or season ticket ring 01252-616120 and ask to speak to Nigel, say I have recommended you to ring him.

mjw

Reaction score
James,thanks for the number, however it doesn't accept incoming calls. Can you tell me anything more about the fishing? The size of the lake? average size of fish? Levels of stock etc.. You can email me if you wish rather than post it for all to see. Thanks again.......... Mark

Rob Hale

Reaction score
Hi Mark,

Which of Farnham's waters have you been fishing? I would maybe try a change of approach also.

Badshot Lea big pond: You need to find the fish - they shoal up in age/sizes. This season's a record with a number of 30lb fish being caught. In all, all sizes are up on the lake, with even the smaller stockies edging up towards doubles. Try finding a feature, tightly baiting and presenting your bait on this. I've been using fishmeal boilies.

Tarn Pond: Fish are growing-on again, with most fish now double figures, and one of the stocked fish coming out at over 28lb. Some of the few surviving original Leney's are still in there, however finding them is the challenge.

Stillwater Front Lake: Lots of 30lb fish in here, along with a high number of 20's.

Stillwater Back Lake: 6 known 30lb fish, along with the newly stocked fish which will hopefully be growing on nicely.

Lodge Pond: Several fish now over the 30lb mark,with a new lake record this year - you should'nt have a problem catching here.

Mill Lane: A hard specimen water, not for the impatient and certainly not a runs water, but every fish has put on weight this year, with a lot of 30's for such a small stock of fish and a number of bigger surprises. Tench to 12.5lb and Bream to 18lb!

River Valley: Possibly harder than Mill Lane, with a few small stocking of fish, but a number of 30's and a few bigger surprises - be very prepared to blank though.

I hope this helps, feel free to post, email or PM for any further info/questions.

Rob