12lb Common Carp

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Nice fishing young man,a lovely common as well.
Tom what is with the question mark.Is one slightly jealous of the young lad or what please explain yourself.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Well done young man.

Tom you should be ashamed of yourself.Itisn't all about the numbers surely?

Tom-Green

Reaction score
I meant no disrespect. I'm new to the game and don't realise how much fish weigh.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Tom, sorry mate butI flew off the handle a bit.It's just that there has been a bit of a habit of people posting pictures and the getting a battering for something or another as a result whether it being the weight, the fish not being laid on a mat etc.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Cobblers Tom ,in your profile it says you match fish,got straight into that from the start then?Don't take offence but if you are going to question the lads integroty expect a bit back.

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Well said Nigel.

The forum seems to be going through a somewhat negative phase these past couple of weeks. What with so-called missing members (just as though we're talking scores rather than a handful, and ignore the scores of new posters), snobbish posting (I still can't figure that one out), hatred of smilies (and yet they can be switched off) and now a dislike of the stats that appear under a posters name, which too can be switched off. There's even a facility where you can switch the lot off and go back to a non-WYSIWYG editor if you don't like any of the new upgrades.

How about if we all buy old typewriters and send letters to each other?

Even then somebody would be crying for quill pens and inkwells and pigeon post.

Tom-Green

Reaction score
I am entering my first match on Sunday at a pond where a lot of amateurs fish. I like the idea offishing matches and envision myself entering a few (at the same pond) in future.I wasn't questioning the lad's integrity at all, it was my lazy way of expressing suprise.

Jack Brickell

Reaction score
Calm down dears, it's only a commercial! Anyway my dad can verify the weight and as some have you quite rightly say, it's not all about the weight and size.

Remember catching fish is only part of fishing.

Anyone know of a place where electronic bite detectors and mobiles are banned?

Jack