A small, wet person

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Nice one.Good to see dad looking so concerned as well!? /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Thats some unhooking mat!

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

He's not looking happy because you won't let himhold your carp
smile_smiley.gif

Smashing picture.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Hee hee ,good to see you got your priorities right and got a snap of the fish before you dried your lad.Must get mylad swimming as he is a mare near water.

Reaction score
Wol, good guess! Mats made by birmgham angling I understand!

Mum actually performed the rescue, grabbing a piece of clothing and hoisting him back to dry land. for a few minutes it was all round chaos, and more reminiscent of a sit com than anything else.

The full story, shortened as much as possible goes:

Rod 1 screams off, after playing it to the bank for ten minutes, we landed a 19lb sturgeon (the first we'd ever clapped eyes on). Net folded, into the mat and try to sort the mess. rod 2 screams off and I play the carp as seen in the photo. I'm shouting at my girlfriend to get the net set up again, and she's trying to untangle the sturgeon's snout from the net. The children are tasked with using my coffee mug to get water from the lake to keep the sturgeon dry.

Eventually both fish are in the mat at the same time. Quick weigh and photograph of the surgeon and back he goes. Whilst i am weighing the carp, i asked theo to get some water. He leans over the lake, dips the mug in..... big splash, me and my girlfriend turn round to see the soles of his wellies stuck above the water. She dashed over, grabbed at him and hoisted him to standing position on dry land. She looks at him, looks at me and we both burst out laughing. theo then statred laughing as well.

fFsh photo's and back, no damage done. We had to explain to the children that no other emergencies are allowed between landing a fish and that fish going back in the water, a point that had to be made later in the week when Jessica (my daughter) took a big tumble when getting mum from the house after I hooked another fish. She had abig sulk when everybody completley ignored her skinned knees for the sake of a fish.

Gav, both children started swimming before they could walk and started swimming lessons at two and a half years of age. Jess can do a dozen lengths of a pool without thinking twice (she's seven) and Theo keeps giving his instructor heart attacks as every time she turns her back on him, he thinks it's great fun to 'hide' underwater!

Mind you, they were both born underwater! true water babies, the pair of them!

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Love the look on the lads face. One for the family album.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

I take it mum and girlfriend are one and the same or it could have been an eventful week!

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Para took him for lessons but he wasn't to keen on listening and I nearly had to dive in to stop him drowning while instructor chatted to her mate ,so took him out before I kicked her in.

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

No Gallery shots waiting to be cleared as I write.

Reaction score
Nigel, Fortunately mum and girlfriend are the same!/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

That's not my mum, obviously. I mean having your own mum and girlfriend as the same, well that'd be.....................erm......................something Lord Paul would do wouldn't it?

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Para

What ho

Under British law you can't have your mum as your girlfriend - but you can have your cousin as your wife - that's how we keep so inbred in the upper class -

I married my father's sister daughter, my father's sisters daughter married her mothers brothers son.

My brother having no fathers sisters daughter to marry married my sisters fathers lawn mower.

hope that clears thing up and please forgive me that this isn't in bait box but para raised the subject and I just replied.

Tally Ho