Old Bury Hill to go Syndicate?

red creel

Reaction score
Article in one of the weeklie's satating that OBH days as a day ticket fishery could be numbered.Quoting the owner he says

"We are currently discussing the situation with a view to deciding whether Bury Hill will continue to operate in its current form in the future"

he goes on to say

"Its business as usual for the rest of 2012 but its vital that we evolve and a change to become a members fishery could very well be part of our plans for next year"

Anyone got any opinions on this? any OBH regulars on FM?

It's several years since i last fished there but i do have fond memories of these lakes.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I'm afraid a lot of what is behind this is angler attitude & behaviour....the day ticket anglers in particular,some of whom seem to think the fishery rules do not apply to them.There have been complaints from local residents and the all too common nowadays removal of fish for the table by our brothers from Eastern Europe. David has simply had enough I think.

Go there in the summer and it is rammed with numpties...a lot of whom are poorly equipped and pretty poor anglers too. Not all...but enough to cause persistent trouble. I was talking to Russ Evans about this t'other day and some of the stories he has to tell you simply would not believe.

My sympathies are with the owner. Its a well run fishery offering good fishing [though not to everyone's taste] and it would be a shame to lose that because some people can't behave themselves. If it goes members only I will join....but if it changes hands then who knows if I'll have the opportunity ?

red creel

Reaction score
S-Kippy..no mention of the current owner selling up just that they are reviewing the current ticketting structure.I cannot comment on the presence of numpties or otherwise as i said it was several years since i was last there.

Perhaps its been a victim of its own success so to speak even my midweek visits would see the place rammed.I guess by the law of averages with that number of anglers present not everybody will be suitably equiped or indeed have the necessary angling skills that caring anglers take for granted, not that i am making excuses for them.