Last day before the close season

dalesman

Reaction score
This saturday throught I would have a final day on the beck in the village, roving its banks, usally you can get at least a dozen grayling and a few chublets while trotting and free lining.

First field 4 grayling and lost a chub, over the fence into the next field not a touch but found the remains of a otters lunch a fresh chub about 2lb and was not the only evidence of the otter meals. Plus no sign of fish through the polariods or even a take for the futher next two fields.

Meet another chap having a final fling and he stated the otters and cormants have nealy killed the beck off :mad:

themyth

Reaction score
by 2015 our river systems will be devoid of fish completely,but atleast there will be plenty of commercial carp waters with fences round we can all fish.
it seems a few fishery managers/owners around the midlands area are taking notice of the predation problems our waters are suffering.some have started stocking chub,roach and barbel,sure these waters will do well when the rivers are lifeless.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yes, and by 2015, if we all don't very soon stop wee-ing our water away on essentials like clean "Cop my manhood" cars, "Because I'm worth it" multiple showers and perfect lawns, we won't have too many rivers, fish or fish-less, to worry about. Ruddy otters....

Luke Haines

Reaction score
I have seen this type of devastation on both the tout streams and rivers and also some small still waters.

The low water conditions make it even easier for the predators as there are less places for the fish to hide/find cover.

Kind Regards

maceo

Reaction score
Lob worms dug, line loaded onto spools, tackle cleaned, bag loaded - all ready for the last day of the season tomorrow.

Good luck and tight lines to all those who are out fishing tomorrow on the rivers for the season finale.

One more session to remember!