Say no to killing pike...please sign

dangermouse

Reaction score
Done. One of my local fisheries allows free spinning for pike on the proviso that any caught are killed. Not something I really agree with.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Seems a bit of a selfish protest to me. Pikers can kill as many other fish for dead/livebaits that they like under specified size limits, but these pikers don't want anyone killing a pike under those same regulatory size limits. And what's all this "have Pike relocated to a suitable location." Who would want them?

Not very well thought through and typical of Pike Anglers Drama Class.

Tin hat, into the foxholes...

FLUKE

Reaction score
Seems a bit of a selfish protest to me. Pikers can kill as many other fish for dead/livebaits that they like under specified size limits, but these pikers don't want anyone killing a pike under those same regulatory size limits. And what's all this "have Pike relocated to a suitable location." Who would want them?

When the EE`s have eaten all their fill of pike and start eating your Barbel, Chub, Gudgeon, Grayling, Bream, Tench, Carp (god forbid), Roach, Rudd, Perch....have I missed anything? I will gladly post another petition for you to sign Victor.

beerweasel

Reaction score
Each year I eat a couple of small Pike.
I don't see it any different to eating Trout.
How is it barbaric ? in some peoples eyes catching them in the first place is barbaric.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
When the EE`s have eaten all their fill
Ah, so it's a racist post again?

It happens that I know a lot of EEs (are we specifically talking Poles, or including my friend who's Lithuanian, or one of my other acquaintances whose from Latvia?) who fish according to EA byelaws and do return all fish, pike included. I too fish for pike and I too return them - alive and well. The people you are getting at are the ones that fish illegally, either poaching or under cover of darkness and no laws, even such as you are proposing, will stop them - and they take ALL species, not just pike. Fortunately, it isn't that many now, it's more of a smoke screen put around by people who are less acquainted with the facts.

FLUKE

Reaction score
Sayin EE isnt racist. I have plenty of facts including the heads of several pike after said persons left their swim.

I am not in the mood to argue with you as I get the feeling from your post count that I may well loose the will to live before we finally agree that I am right.

If you dont want to sign it thats fine. Go play with your 6 favourite pike lures with the hope that there is actually something swimming around to grab hold of one.

redgils

Reaction score
NO!!!! Dont interupt the food chain, but i will take exceptions too comorants and otters. Sorry if that offends anyone but only looking out for the welfare of our rivers which used to have an abundance of fish life in them!!

bennygesserit

Reaction score

I have seen a big pike eating a small jack , if you kill the large pike you will end up with too many pike and a lot less fish.

Pike are a sign that fish are present and if you leave large pike alone a balance will be achieved. Otherwise the pike would eat themselves out of existence.

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
NO!!!! Dont interupt the food chain, but i will take exceptions too comorants and otters. Sorry if that offends anyone but only looking out for the welfare of our rivers which used to have an abundance of fish life in them!!

Some rivers used to have an abundance of water!!

---------- Post added at 05:39 ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 ----------

Another pointless, poorly worded petition.

What section of the public are they expecting to sign this ?

904_cannon

Reaction score
Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The P
Signed.
My club used to have a 'kill all pike policy' Our waters became overrun with small jacks :rolleyes:

From its latest newsletter the Angling Trust appears to be calling for all restrictions on eel fishing the be scrapped, can this be right? or has the eel suddenly recovered in numbers to where they are becoming a problem, like otters?

You might also consider signing
“Drop the Health Bill” - e-petitions
A local GP Khalash Chand has recently set up the petition on the government website and on the 10th March over 170,000 had signed. it is the fastest growing public petition. Read more HERE
I cant really see the Tory's and their co COLLABORATORS (the French used to shoot them didn't they?) debating this particular e-petition though

---------- Post added at 08:00 ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 ----------

NO!!!! Don't interrupt the food chain. Sorry if that offends anyone but only looking out for the welfare of our rivers which used to have an abundance of fish life in them!!

Does that mean without the intervention of man

Last edited:

richiekelly

Reaction score
Ah, so it's a racist post again?

It happens that I know a lot of EEs (are we specifically talking Poles, or including my friend who's Lithuanian, or one of my other acquaintances whose from Latvia?) who fish according to EA byelaws and do return all fish, pike included. I too fish for pike and I too return them - alive and well. The people you are getting at are the ones that fish illegally, either poaching or under cover of darkness and no laws, even such as you are proposing, will stop them - and they take ALL species, not just pike. Fortunately, it isn't that many now, it's more of a smoke screen put around by people who are less acquainted with the facts.

What are the facts regarding illegal taking of fish then Jeff ?

Oh i have signed the petition.

cg74

Reaction score
I might have considered putting my name down, but for this line: "This would include private waters who would be required to work with local authorities to have Pike relocated to a suitable location."

So why exactly should an owner of a man made refrain from culling pike as he sees fit?
Why such a dispensation for pike and not all species?

Sorry but you've set yourself a wholly unrealistic goal.

redgils

Reaction score
I feel that pike have just as much right being left alone as do all the other species.

Last edited:

redgils

Reaction score
Some rivers used to have an abundance of water!!

---------- Post added at 05:39 ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 ----------

Another pointless, poorly worded petition.

What section of the public are they expecting to sign this ?

exactly even less chance for fish to escape then!!