Review - Korum Neoteric 12ft Quiver

Reaction score
100% agreement with Graham on this rod. I recently purchased a pair of them and have used them a couple of times, enjoying every moment. I wish the reel seats were a little bigger as my Shimano Triton SeaSpin's were a VERY tight fit and the collars abrely go over the end of the stem foot. After speaking to John Walsh at Korum regarding this, he did mention that he uses the same combination himself and the reels are tight but they do stay put.

Reaction score
It would be nice if the quiver tip section could be bought separatley as those with the twin tip 1.75 and 2.2 rod could add the benefits of a quiver tip and extend the rods versatility.

S

Sean Meeghan

I tried a quiver tip on my 1.75/2.2 rod and it didn't fit. Must be a different butt section /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

Reaction score
I own the Twin tips as well, and the tips do fit each other (not perfectly but they would suffice on the pair of each I own), but the ring spacing on the first eye of the Quiver sections (as well as the more heavily rung 1.75lb standard section of the Quiver compared to the 1.75lb section on the Twin Tip) is too close to the second ring on the Twin Tip Butt section.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
An excellent heavy Avon/quiver tip rod for barbel and other big fish. Bought mine last year and am well pleased. Agree with Mr Marzdin's review.

R

Robert Woods (ACA)

Are the quivers too stiff for chubbing. Was thinking of getting another barbel rod but would like one that I could use on Severn for chub as well.

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Not if you're fishing ina reasonable flow as you will be on some stretches of the Severn, but in a very slow flow or slack then maybe. But that's something that's never bothered me as I tend to touch leger more anyway in slow and non existent flows.