Warning: Bogus Rod Licence sites

thx1138

Reaction score
Hi folks,

It's that time of year again, and people are trying to take advantage of anglers who buy their rod licences online.

Same as last year, websites are starting to spring up that offer a rod licence buying 'service'. Whilst technically legal, these sites can be misleading. If you use one of these sites..

- you will be charged a additional fee (usually about £15, sometimes much more) for using their 'Service'.

- you are not guaranteed to be legally licensed, even though you have handed over your money to them. All they do is take the details you input, and then use them on the official post office site to buy your licence for you.

We are already aware of one site (rodlicence DOT net) that is already appearing high up in google listings.

Please be careful if buying your rod licence online. Remember you can buy your rod licence direct online through the Post Office. Use the link on the official EA website to make sure it is safe.

Cheers.

Luke Haines

Reaction score
Thanks for the warning. it seems these types of sites are becoming more and more common.

I have noticed a couple of bogus Paypals sites and spam emails asking to input account information.

I guess its getting harder and harder to trust some of these sites.

Kind Regards

waggler

Reaction score
Good heads up, I can't believe people are doing this but then again it is common practices for other licences and visas etc in many other industries where they charge a premium on their service.

My research concludes the website mentioned above was set up in January this year purely for this purpose, I won't mention any names.

terry m

Reaction score
Yes - thanks for sharing James.
This sort of scam is now big business, visa applications seem to provide them with most of their trade!!

Morespiders

Reaction score
Same if your going to America, only apply on the official website for your ESTA, or you pay 30$ more, its corrupt, but like most things these days legal.

I got caught on that one