Irwell City Park

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Hello chaps ,just wondering if anyone has any idea as to why there is no mention of fishing on this redevelopment plan.I filled in the questionaire a while back because I felt this might happen,it says recreational activities but saying as it is a river I thought fishing platforms would be top priority but no mention.
I am thinking whether with all the redevelopment and new flats whether fishing might end up being banned as it has been elsewere when new apartments are built .
Maybe if more people fill in stuff like that in stead of just not bothering we might start getting a mention.A disgruntled Gav.

P

Phil Hackett The common Boastful Expert :-)

Gav let me do some checking of this next week before we dive in and slam them.

I was assured there would be angling within the plan at the workshops I attended some months ago.

Manchester City Council are leading on this and they know better than to attempt to do angling down.Last time they did they lost /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
I will hold judgement then Phil.I got the plan through the post the other day ,lots of bridges and it all looks very nice but I fear for the angler .Not one mention of us lots of loose terming like recreation but nothing solid in it.I would be interested to see what you can find out.