Thames Carp Record

Lark

Reaction score
Canany of you lads or lasses out there let me know what the current River Thames carp records are for bothcommon and mirror carp?

Ta very much.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
For mirror I remember reading (and seeing a pic) of a 42lber!!!

And I know of someone who has had a 31lb common but the record may well be bigger.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Could the Thames be the first to do a river 50 or has one appeared some where?

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Wish I lived nearer the Thames the place is amazing in my opinion. When up there last time I saw some huge perch aswell.

Lark

Reaction score
No Steve, I haven't managed it.... Not that I'd know what weight that was anyway. I'm just very conscious of what appears to bea step-change in the increased size of carp coming out of the Thames at the moment, whereas not much else seemsso prolific.

I was just curious to know what size they've actually gone to. I'm personallyaware of 40lb+ fish that have been caught verylocallyand up to about a 15 mile radius of me,but also aware that the captors never went public - this is not uncommon on the Thames and I'm sure other rivers as well.

Not so many years ago Thames carp were targetted in specific areas by those in the know but recently they do seem to be appearing more frequently and of an averagesize that seems, quitesuddenly, disproportionate.

F

Frothey

Not so many years ago Thames carp were targetted in specific areas by those in the know but recently they do seem to be appearing more frequently and of an averagesize that seems, quitesuddenly, disproportionate.

thats because they are all getting into the thames from the local lakes....

The eye turned out not to be didnt it Wol? Weighed about 20lb too little lol!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Yeah, Terrys confirmed it now as a load of rollox.

Lark

Reaction score
The day I posted this thread, a mate of mine I fish with regularly called me to say he'd had a Thames brace of a 20lb 2oz common and a 30lb 15oz mirror in the same session.

The reports I've been gettingover the last few weeks seem to indicate that the carpwere being caught when bugger-all else seemed to be feeding in the low, clear conditions.

Adding to Frothey's point - I also believe that the barbel tactics, baits and presentations being commonly used on the Thames now are resulting in more fish being caught andlanded than previously.