Drennan Tench Float Mk 1

Fishingdownthewindy

Reaction score
I am looking for a bit of advice, my brother has been offered a "mint" "hardly used" Drennan tench float mk 1 from a work colleague for £45, however he called me to say that he was not in any rush to sell and will give him a few days to consider.

The question is on the butt ring/guide the whipping is olive green and gold edged and the remainder of the rods whippings are black. Is this correct? I thought it was black whipping with gold edging on the butt ring?

All his description matches on graphics (underneath) etc as I used to own one, I can't for life of me remember it been green...can anyone help?

Cheers in advance

barbelboi

Reaction score
I am looking for a bit of advice, my brother has been offered a "mint" "hardly used" Drennan tench float mk 1 from a work colleague for £45, however he called me to say that he was not in any rush to sell and will give him a few days to consider.

The question is on the butt ring/guide the whipping is olive green and gold edged and the remainder of the rods whippings are black. Is this correct? I thought it was black whipping with gold edging on the butt ring?

All his description matches on graphics (underneath) etc as I used to own one, I can't for life of me remember it been green...can anyone help?

Cheers in advance

There's a pic (not very clear) at the bottom of the page on this link.
Jerry

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Fishingdownthewindy

Reaction score
Jim that is what I thought and it appears to be the right hunch .

Jerry - great idea I found a few good pics on the below completed auction.

Drennan Tench Float Rod | eBay

I just checked my old Drennan big feeder and it is black and gold

I guess if he gets it re-whipped to keep in line with the original...if he can be bothered it is a fair price.

Cheers

michaels

Reaction score
I`ve just checked all my Mk1`s and none of them have olive green/gold edge whippings.

Last edited:

Fishingdownthewindy

Reaction score
If its on ebay it will be a fake...LOL!!!

Mark

No it is a direct sale Mark...you never know, plenty of line and braid out there that is fake.

---------- Post added at 17:20 ---------- Previous post was at 17:16 ----------

I`ve just checked all my Mk1`s and none of them have olive green/gold edge whippings.

Cheers michaels for actualy checking, realy appreciate it

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No it is a direct sale Mark...you never know, plenty of line and braid out there that is fake.

---------- Post added at 17:20 ---------- Previous post was at 17:16 ----------

Cheers michaels for actualy checking, realy appreciate it

Sorry mate,
Its just my inbuilt ability to detest everything Ebay...God how I hate that site, but thats just my opinion!

Mark

Fishingdownthewindy

Reaction score
Sorry mate,
Its just my inbuilt ability to detest everything Ebay...God how I hate that site, but thats just my opinion!

Mark

It has it uses....lets be honest the prices that tackle can go for is a joke, it's more of a sellers market now, I have seen items go higher than RRP, what's the point?get yourself down the local tackle shop.

I like watching certain poundshop items such as torches and binoculars going for over a £5 just because the seller has added "Carp" and "korda" in the title...one born every minute springs to mind.

As for the rod in question I have seen them go for silly money + postage so £45 is fair for my brother

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It has it uses....lets be honest the prices that tackle can go for is a joke, it's more of a sellers market now, I have seen items go higher than RRP, what's the point?get yourself down the local tackle shop.

I like watching certain poundshop items such as torches and binoculars going for over a £5 just because the seller has added "Carp" and "korda" in the title...one born every minute springs to mind.

As for the rod in question I have seen them go for silly money + postage so £45 is fair for my brother

I can't understand some folk that bid higher than the retail just because they are hooked on winning!
I just don't do second hand because I like nice new shiny things, but that's just me I guess!

Mark

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can't understand some folk that bid higher than the retail just because they are hooked on winning!
I just don't do second hand because I like nice new shiny things, but that's just me I guess!

Mark

I must addmitt to have bought some fantastic gear off ebay at cheap or reasnable prices....especially centrepins :). To try and find some of them without ebay would haver been nigh on impossible.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I must addmitt to have bought some fantastic gear off ebay at cheap or reasnable prices....especially centrepins :). To try and find some of them without ebay would haver been nigh on impossible.

Gumtree is getting quite popular since their TV add campaign, AND its free!!!

Mark