can you help

J

Joseph Pearce

i was looking some info for when is best time 2 start carp fishing which month would be best . i am a angler in ireland just starting to getb into carp fishing.

A

andrew jackson

Thats a very hard question to give an exact answer to, Joseph. This can vary from water to water, and to further confuse things the weather can have a big effect upon this. I was out Yesterday and caught, other waters you could be wasting your time for a good few weeks yet. If I was pushed for an answer, and keep in mind that this is a generalisation, I would say on most waters the carp start to wake up a little, early March.

C

Carp Angler

Agreed.

A little sun on the water and the lengthening days will see the carp start to 'wake up'.

R

Richard Pembroke

I live in Shepherd's Bush, West London - I haven't seen my Carp Rods and tackle for 15 years but would love to find a water within easy reach to get back into the game. Anyone know of any good Carp waters/clubs within 45mons to 1hr of West London?

C

Carp Angler

What are your expectations?

Size of fish, time available, experience etc etc?

M

Mr Pigsy

rmc waters kingsmead 1,yately complex, farlows at iver

lizard lakes at yiewsley near hillingdon - easyish water but in an industrial site
small from 8lb - 25lb+++ allegedly

C

Cakey

Rik never mind the carp I need some sun to wake me up.
Richard go to top of this page ,click on in your swim ,click on fisheries put in your post code etc ,see what it comes up with.

D

Des Tobin

Gaulmoylestown( Mullingar,Co Westmeath) starts to fish in March,and April.From May onwards to September would be your best bet here.Ballnafid Lough( Mullingar,Co Westmeath) never fishes well and is a hard water.As for the Loughs in Cork,May to September,October are the best times....

D

Dave Quintana

Personally, I think that the best time of the year to go carp fishing is every day. Even if the water's hard it's just great to be out...