Predator Fish-in on the Bristol Avon

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I am organising a predator fish-in on my Bristol Avon, it will be held sometime in January,date not sorted yet. We will finalise that through discusion on the forum.

All FM members are welcome, old and new, experienced or not.

There will be many very experienced pike anglers at hand to offer advice and assistance if it is required. Pike might seem scary, but they are not, they are one of the most beautiful fish in our rivers lakes andcanals. Fished for and handled correctly they are awesome.

Anyone who is interested please sign up below.

I would like to organise the fish-in the same as ****y has done with his Severn fish-in.

If you sign up below I will mail all venue details directly to you, allthough this won't be needed until close to the date. Everything else can be discussed as usual on FM.

With that in mind, I would insist that no one names the venue on open forum and any pictures that are taken on the day will be sent to me first before they go into the after event right up. This might sound over the top, but I have to protect the pike on my local venue.

Please don't let this put you off, FM fish-ins are brilliant. They are a great way to make long lasting friendships and put some faces to the names.

So who's up for it?

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Steve...I would like to come to this fish-in if I may please.

Any date is suitable for me, as I haven't planned in to the new yet

Reaction score
Count me in!

Earlier rather than later in the month is better for me as I may well be Kaveri bound.

Nice one Steve/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
It will probably be just one day, as opposed to two.

I know a very nice B+B if anyone wants to stay over due to travelling, a few beers and a bit of noshafter a good days fishing is a must.

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

I will try to make the fish-in myself, depending on date and some other circumstances.

Regarding photos for the write-up, no one need have any hesitation whatever they submit as I'll make sure there are no recognisable backgrounds.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Nice one Graham, just don't let Wol get his hands on the photo's /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Nice one guys.

How about the 12th of January then?

It's good for me and seems favourable.

C

Cakey

Im in...................................................any dates are good for me now Im semi retired

F

Fred Bonney

Any dates are good for me,I'm fullyretired, but have so much going on./forum/smilies/hot_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

will be good to meet you again Fred..........................bringing any cake ?

F

Fred Bonney

Cakey,I'll need to keep the boss happy for3 months, before I can answer that!

Mithrandir

Reaction score
I would like to go on this one too please, I have never caught a pike and it looks like an excellent opportunity to be shown the ropes by some of the more experienced members.

Will some be so kind as to give me some idea of what tackle I should be using so I can turn up with some kit on the day, rods and reels are no problem, just what sort of line should I have and what sort of terminal tackle.

Thanks

Mike ( Pike Virgin )

C

Cider Bob*PAC*

Mike,

Pm me,tell me what youve gotand ill give you somepointers mate.

Bob