Elastic band worm

Londonchris

Reaction score
Hi all,

First forum post on this great site for me /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gifanyway...

Took my oldest lad of 4 for a spot of whip fishing recently and decided just to use a bit of breadcrumb groundbait & sweetcorn for a change.

As things got abit slow for him i wished we had a few worms with us..however i found a couple of small elastic bands in my tackle box (like you do) which happened to be red.

A quick snip & i had an inch of rubber worm/sweetcorn cocktail on the hook which did the trick for a short while!

Anyone else tried this before?

Janet (AT)

Reaction score
I caught a 21b 14oz perch on a piece of string dipped in Liquid Worm. I'd already had a great day fishing, so when this bit of string dropped into the tub, I just hooked it for a laugh as i was sitting with a brew.

Janet (AT)

Reaction score
The fish took the bait as I was reeling it in. It's still my PB perch.

It wasn't an intentional choice of bait, just thought I'd mess around whilst having a cuppa before I started packing up. I'd no bait left. Interesting experiment though! I doubt I'll ever have anything as daft as that happen again!

Edited - of course, I meant to say 2lb 14oz! Difficult to type accurately with the boss hovering around!

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

Ihave had chub on the string from a joint of roast beef.

F

Fred Bonney

John,now what on earth made you........no don't bother.

Was it cooked, or uncooked?/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

B

Barry Edney

Candle wick is good too.

It's always good to dip your wick...

Beecy

Reaction score
ive used a bit of red powergum before as a fake bloodwormwhen gudgeon bashing.

it worked well, but i didnt know until someone pointed it out to me after the match, I was actualy cheating as artificial baits are not allowed

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

I usually have the odd joint in my rucksack Fred, my fishing snacks would do old King Henry proud.

I think the 'roast beef' was a clue as to whether it was cooked /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gifAll those lovely congealed juices.

Thick chunks of the white fat from a (cooked) ham shank also makes an excellent chub bait.

Mithrandir

Reaction score
I usually have the odd joint in my rucksack

So it isn't just the long term carp anglers in their bivvies that indulge in herbal tobacco then!!