FM Running Slow?

Reaction score
I have done a virus check et al an my computer is fine, but FM is going mad...

Every time I get the site up the green load bar goes crazy trying to load ads! From showadsak and pubmatic?

What is going on FMs become nearly unusable?

dezza

Reaction score
Mine has been running horribly, slowing down and locking up, exiting and re-booting has not cured it,

This has not happened with many other sites I use and I have done the normal scan for viruses of which there were none. No doubt it is not my computer but FM which is at fault.

Reaction score
Often slow for me too. Often all the links to twitter etc on the home page take a day to load.

Also my anti malware software regularly notifies me it is blocking something on fm that is trying to gain access to my PC. Stop trying to spy on us fm!

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Firstly,let me make it plain that I am a staggeringly inept IT numpty.

I thought I'd try Firefox and/or Chrome to speed things up but I dont understand where my homepage has gone...or why I now get a very confusing Yahoo! or Sweetim toolbar ? Why has my "home" button gone and where is my mailbox ?

What fundamental point or points am I missing ?

It is quicker but I dont like it because I dont know where I am, how to navigate around or what it is that I'm actually using as a browser.The font has changed too...I never asked for that either.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Firstly,let me make it plain that I am a staggeringly inept IT numpty.

I thought I'd try Firefox and/or Chrome to speed things up but I dont understand where my homepage has gone...or why I now get a very confusing Yahoo! or Sweetim toolbar ? Why has my "home" button gone and where is my mailbox ?

What fundamental point or points am I missing ?

It is quicker but I dont like it because I dont know where I am, how to navigate around or what it is that I'm actually using as a browser.The font has changed too...I never asked for that either.

Disable the toolbars as you prefer and set your homepage to whatever you want. Home button should still be there in Firefox. Like anything new it'll take a little time to get used to.

alchemist

Reaction score
What people are describing are classics signs of spyware/toolbar/trojans etc on their PCs.
One of the best free things is advanced systemcare which will clear it up also ad aware and spybot (both free) are worth getting. Get them from download.cnet.com or filehippo.com

Steve Ruff

Reaction score
Adblock Plus gets another vote from me as well - had problems with my PC taking ages to load pages and ABP sorted it.

Steve