Rain Watch

dezza

Reaction score
Let's have your reports from throughout the country on rainfall.

It rained all night here in Rotherham and Sheffield with evidence of excellent falls on that most vital of catchments, the Pennines. I am sure this will help the flow on the Trent and other rivers.

But for those of you in the South East, did you get any rain?

Let's use this thread to inform on the country's rainfall.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Nothing here, sunny today not a cloud in the sky and the 5 day forecast shows staying dry.
Jerry

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
sunny today not a cloud in the sky
It might rain shortly, though, Jerry. Trouble is, we're often above the cloud layer in the Buckinghamshire alps. Our water that falls on these hills is being pumped out to provide the people of Ruislip and Ickenham, right through to Harrow with water. Give us it back!!! :mad:

dezza

Reaction score
It's blowing a blizzard here at the moment, after raining heavily all night in the Sheffield/Rotherham area.

I will report on the condition of the rivers, although I expect to see the Don and Rother in spate shortly.

Any rain reported form the south?

barbelboi

Reaction score
Yep, a drop last night but sunshine at the moment - the forecast is for some showers after dark - hosepipe ban from tomorrow.
Jerry

no-one in particular

Reaction score
South East-Hastings area-no rain-none for weeks and none forecast for the next few days-hose pipe ban starts tomorrow I think. DIRE.

dezza

Reaction score
No matter how horrible it seems, this weather is very welcome. It looks like the sleet is now turning to heavy rain. Another day of this and the drought in the north and midlands will have been broken.

I fear for the south east however.

cg74

Reaction score
No matter how horrible it seems, this weather is very welcome. It looks like the sleet is now turning to heavy rain. Another day of this and the drought in the north and midlands will have been broken.

I fear for the south east however.

You're certainly not alone there (underlined sentense).

Regards the weather; sun is shining, shy is blue (odd white cloud) and a gentle breeze (northerly(ish)). So what I want to know is for the last five days I've been bombarded with forecasts of 30 mph+ winds, heavy rain and 5`c; so when did the mountain ranges spring up around Oxfordshire??

On a plus we did get rain yesterday evening; all of 2-3mm....:eek:mg::(

barbelboi

Reaction score
You're certainly not alone there (underlined sentense).

Regards the weather; sun is shining, shy is blue (odd white cloud) and a gentle breeze (northerly(ish)). So what I want to know is for the last five days I've been bombarded with forecasts of 30 mph+ winds, heavy rain and 5`c; so when did the mountain ranges spring up around Oxfordshire??

On a plus we did get rain yesterday evening; all of 2-3mm....:eek:mg::(

Bit like the start of an old Buddy Holly number Colin:D
Jerry

dezza

Reaction score
The clouds are gathering here and the breeze has a faint touch of mildness in it, yet heavy rain is threatening.

My friend tells me there has been torrential rain in the Pennines and most rivers are in full spate. Another mate who lives south of Nottingham tells me that there could be flood warnings around Nottingham and the Midlands. Birmingham has certainly had a load of rain.

Rain is forecast for the north of England on and off for the rest of this week. The temperatures will get better by the middle of next week.

It looks like a typical green springtime for Yorks, Notts and Lincs, but a brown desert horror for the south east.

dezza

Reaction score
Who cares ? We have Boris Johnson,The Olympics and 573 different sorts of coffee.

Well you can keep Boris Johnson. the Olympics and the coffee.

I see that Boris Johnson wants a canal building to convey water from Scotland and the North of England to London. This would spark the second civil war if you ask me. At the least they can have Yorkshire water drinking water quality at £1.50 a litre.

That would equal up the North/South economic divide!

Don't you think Deanos?

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
I must admit, I was rather hoping Boris and Ken would start taking swings at each other yesterday :(

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Still no rain forecast for the south east and a hose pipe ban in place. Not worried about the fishing though - we can all travel up north for a bit of fishing this summer. I shall be organizing coach parties from June 16th if anyone's interested. Our northern brothers will welcome us with open arms.