The Battle For Adam's Mill

F

Fred Bonney

Let battle recommence?

So,does the lease run out at the end of this season,or was it last year and nobody told us?

P

Phil Hackett The common Boastful Expert :-)

Am I living in a parallel universe? Has life on Mars become reality? The press release is 5 years old, so why has it reared its acrimonious head now?

Is Fred making mischief? Or does he know something and priming us for a release of some info that will ignite the whole issue?

Over to you Jean Hunt lets have it!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

..or maybe Gene Hunt? I am sure he was a bloke.

F

Fred Bonney

5 year lease,5 year enquiry.

Make mischief.... who me?

P

Phil Hackett The common Boastful Expert :-)

Nigel I must be living in one of them, I wroteGene and it came as Jean....Spooky or what?

Well are you Fred?

L

Lee Fletcher 1

Are there any monster perch at Adams? If so, I might put in a bid myself especially as perch are going to be the next cult species maybe?

Regards,

Lee.

PS. Keep yer eye on the top meadowfrom now onin Fred.

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

Heard there was a salmon come out recently/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

That'll get the $uggers scurrying about. ££££

Any news yet Lee?

L

Lee Fletcher 1

Dear John,Still filling it up and its looking like a Christmas or there abouts date. Oh and a 6lbs 7oz chub came off our stretch a couple of weeks ago which was cracking news. I'm targeting big Trent perch at the moment and failing incredibly well!! Some quality roach coming out mind you.I very much doubt that the poor old salmon anglers could compete with the crazy money coarse anglers are prepared to pay for their fishing at Adams these days. Then again, as Fred just "might" be thinking, is the stretch actually worth all that money seeing as the prize fish all appear to be swimming up in paradise?? Loads of salmon in the Trent, the barbel anglers catch them and chuck them up the bank, damned nuisance fish.Regards,Lee.

J

It's when you have salmon anglers chucking barbel up the bankthat you have to worry, damned nuisance anglers. They're also a pain in the &rse when they come wading through your swim.

Wouldn't bet against some of the salmon money Lee; some of those 'anglers' (to be polite)really do have more money than sense. Up here they pay daft money even when a stretch of water does not have a single holding pool. Get a bit of extra water and they (fish) will do a mile a minute (well almost)

I'll look forward to Christmas, at least it will be a 'refuge' away from the mother in-law.

Was it Skidlid who had the 6-07 chub then Lee?

Fred, was it you who e-mailed me re the Gt Ouse chub?

J

Good to put a name to a weird e-mail address /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gifFred

I remember Ron writing in Angling Star a few years agoof some time in the future salmon anglers buying up the fishing/properties on the river Dearne, it could happen to a river near you...and sooner than you think.

J

500 coarse anglers on the Tyne recently lost their fishing because one guy wanted to be able to fish it on the few occasions he comes north. Market forces I suppose.

Another 'millionare' type has recently done the same thing. I just hope their big 4X4'sare well insured /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Just think how much handier the Gt Ouse would be /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
I have been trying to get permission to fish a 400 yard stretch of the river Chess which is near me, it is a class A river and as such coarse anglers are not encouraged. It has a few fishing stages in place but to date (25 years) i have never seen anybody fly fish the place. What a waste eh?

F

Fred Bonney

John,I get 100 spams a day, on the less weird one, and none on that one!

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Funny this cos Grahams write up is not correct in the first place.

MKAC were not the original club to have a lease at Adams Mill at all, it was Potters Bar AC, more than 15 years before. This club just like MKAC club members were stabbed in the back, by the circus.

Adams Mill has huge perch always has.

F

Fred Bonney

I'm sure Graham doesn't need me to speak on his behalf,but, surely he was writing about what was going on at that time,not history,Ray!

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Maybe Fred, but MKAC were not the club with the original lease, and what graham wrote about involved all clubs. Just clearing up a minor point that Graham may not have known.