ALDI Bargains

Reaction score
At the weekend I bought:

2 x 9ft rod complete with reel and line.

1 x 30 size reel with line

1 x landing net with handle

1 x catapult

1 crystal waggler set (10)

2 x olive green baseball caps with 5x led torch in the peak

All for £55!

Made in China for Aldi. The rods aren't the best quality in the world, but for the price great to stick in the car for the kids when we go on holiday/camping etc.

The reel is great for my daughter - who comes with me a few times a year.

The baseball caps were the bargain though at £3.99 each (even without the led torch)

dangermouse

Reaction score
I bought a couple of pairs of the polarised glasses, a bargain at £3.99 each.

MarkTheSpark

Reaction score
Let's side-step Ron's anti-German comments; nothing wrong with Aldi's food, especially the veg and the choccy (though Lidl's choccy is even better - Mars and Snickers knock-offs for 25p? You bet, they're excellent).

The bargain is, as Corkers said, the baseball caps with LED light. I've got a couple, and they're brilliant.

beerweasel

Reaction score
Tackle shops are struggling because anglers are buying large items (rods and reels etc) online.
Now those shops will lose the sales of small stuff (floats and hats etc) to Aldi.
Perhaps tackle shops should be known as bait shops as that is all they will end up selling.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Tackle shops are struggling because anglers are buying large items (rods and reels etc) online.
Everyone is buying online now. Report today from a huge American analyst says Britain is one of the biggest buyers in the world off the internet.

Is it Aldi's new advert with the gold wrapped chocolate bunnies, the little girl and the dog. Saw it this morning and had me in stitches. If you see it, just watch the dog.....

jimmy crackedcorn

Reaction score
Did anyone buy any bait ? I cast my eye over it but thought at £3 per kilo it is cheaper than dynamite etc but not sure it was really worth it.

Mind you by the time I'll be going next they'll be out of date anyway.

freebird7

Reaction score
Did anyone buy any bait ? I cast my eye over it but thought at £3 per kilo it is cheaper than dynamite etc but not sure it was really worth it.

Last year I bought some of the bait just to see if it was any good really..... Hallibut pellets were great. Groundbait was OK especially for the price. Boillies not usually my thing so I passed on them.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Everyone is buying online now. Report today from a huge American analyst says Britain is one of the biggest buyers in the world off the internet.

Is it Aldi's new advert with the gold wrapped chocolate bunnies, the little girl and the dog. Saw it this morning and had me in stitches. If you see it, just watch the dog.....

I deliberately buy everything from my local tackle shop - it might cost me a fiver more for some items , but if there is anything wrong with them I can take them back and its about 5 min walk from my house.

I bought my bike from my local shop - its been a family business for 90 years and the current owner lives round the corner from me , ok for a £400 quid bike I paid about £20 quid more than I could have got it online but he assembled it for me and after 6 weeks I took it back and he readjusted the brakes etc.

joeylaa

Reaction score

I bought the groundbait, i though it was well worth the money, one thing though i didnt think it mixed very well, it fell apart easily but did atract fish into my swim :).

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Our lurchers do that when they are having their leads put on, the dog in the add thinks he is going a walk!

I only buy my tackle from the local shops, it is only the odd item that as been reduced that I buy online. I will definitely not buy anything from those cheap and nasty supermarkets, I can,t stand the way every thing is just dumped in baskets!
Sorry, it's just me!

Mark

seksee

Reaction score

Yeah I thought I would give the halibut pellets a go but was disappointed with them as they floated and never sank! So I ground them up and they made a great paste... :) Also bought some "match" groundbait but haven't had chance to try it yet