Dominican Republic fishing

Alan Price 4

Reaction score
We are going to the dominican repbublic next March does anyone have any info about fishing costs species quality ? also any info if it is possible to fish from the beach in the Punta Cana region again any infor gratefully recieved

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Alan,

Came back from there the other week, great place.

Fishing has not been so good this year. Costs will depend if you want a day on a boat half day, etc. The locals do a little fishing from the beach's, the odd tourist did do a bit of beach fishing, but it's not the done thnig. There is'nt anything to stop you from beech fishing but it seems to be an unwritten law, the locals dont mind the odd hour here and there.

By the way its my third time there in the last 5 years.

Alan Price 4

Reaction score
we are there for our 25th wedding anniversary , still sneak out some fishing staying at Riu Palace Macao , have you stayed there or know it? i plan to take telescopic rod couple of hours evening any idea what they catch , plan at least half or full day on a boat, would like to catch spanish mackeral , Dorado or barracuda , Marlin would be a bonus but just want to catch some new tropical species that pull back any info on costs appreciated thanks

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Alan,

You will get Dorado, Tuna and Barracuda, that time of year is not the Marlin season i am told. The costs will vary half day on a boat for me was around £50.00,

Punta Cana is on the East Coast, i was there 2 years ago, stayed in the Grand Bahia Principe.

Doing the sort of fishing you are will be fine.

If you have never been before the Beeches are very clean, white sand and the food was very good. I have just come back from Playa Dorada another great place, its on the north of the islandI am sure you will enjoy it.