CEMEX Angling – It’s All Over

Simon K

Reaction score
A great shame.

As a budding angler who cut his fishing teeth at Fishers Green back in the RMC days and subsequently being invited to bailiff the venue, I have very fond memories of that time and made many friends.
The RMC website & forum then was also a goldmine of useful information with loads of excellent anglers being open with their experience and help in all areas of angling.

The recession is to blame in many ways (though not entirely) for the cutting back of their venues portfolio and some in the know have been predicting this scenario for a couple of years now.

Just another set of memories now.

barbelboi

Reaction score
It is a shame, I had many happy years fishing Halls Angling Scheme, HAS, AKA Leisure Sport Angling, LSA,before it was taken over by Ready Mixed Concrete, RMC, in the late 60's and stayed with the club until about 5 years ago (early CEMEX days). It was a pleasure to fish such notable waters but time moves on.
Jerry

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Only trying to find out the price of tickets for next season the other day.

Ah well, wonder what they're doing with all their waters. Hate to be accused of picking over the bones, but......:eek: Well that's how vultures exist, someone has to do it.... ;)

904_cannon

Reaction score
Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The P
Cant say that I'm at all interested in behind the scenes tittle tattle.
What I do know is that a friend lost his employ with them at a time (major heart surgery) when he should have had support from his employer.

Who/whats next, Fishing Magic? Certainly not the site it once was.

cg74

Reaction score
Cant say that I'm at all interested in behind the scenes tittle tattle.
What I do know is that a friend lost his employ with them at a time (major heart surgery) when he should have had support from his employer.

Who/whats next, Fishing Magic? Certainly not the site it once was.

Are you for real?

So you know nothing of the reasoning behind the decision, have no desire to know but your mate's employment should've been key in the selling off of assets worth many millions of pounds.
It could be that the aggregate side of the business needs investment, but to hell with that, all involved in that can lose their jobs, just so long as your mate keeps his job?

John, wake up and try to get a grip on reality!:rolleyes:

Judas Priest

Reaction score
Quote¬after a long period of uncertainty and questionable management,¬Quote

Interesting sentence that one.

How long a period ?

Questionable in what way and exactly by whom ?

I know Cemex are currently involved in buying large parcels of land for aggregate abstraction around the country so looks like the angling side is being dropped to centralise funds.

If people feel strongly enough about keeping any of the many waters for purely angling purposes, rather than just whinging on forums about it, then why not get together and approach the company and look at either leasing them or buying outright. Not all waters or leases cost thousands you know.

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Quote¬after a long period of uncertainty and questionable management,¬Quote

Interesting sentence that one.

How long a period ?

Questionable in what way and exactly by whom ?

I know Cemex are currently involved in buying large parcels of land for aggregate abstraction around the country so looks like the angling side is being dropped to centralise funds.

If people feel strongly enough about keeping any of the many waters for purely angling purposes, rather than just whinging on forums about it, then why not get together and approach the company and look at either leasing them or buying outright. Not all waters or leases cost thousands you know.

Ah but Phil, they wouldn't have anything to complain about if they put their own work/money into it, would they ?

sam vimes

Reaction score
I feel a bit sorry for those that have been on waiting lists for years. It'll effect me not one jot though. Despite having extraction sites all over the country, all but the odd one or two of the angling sites are in south east England. They could have taken smaller, "nuisance" fish, out of their southern waters to stock a northern water and still have had people queing to give them money. It hasn't happened and now it obviously never will.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a piece that I "borrowed" from another site:

Cemex Angling

Fenn Wright have been instructed by Cemex to market the venues as listed below.

ALRESFORD, ESSEX
AMWELL, BUCKS
ASHFORD, KENT
BREWERY FARM, LINCS
BURGHFIELD, BERKSHIRE
CHIGBOROUGH, ESSEX
JONES PIT, BEDS
RICKETTS MERE, ESSEX
ROACH PIT, HAMPSHIRE
ROCKFORD, HAMPSHIRE
ST PATRICK’S STREAM, BERKSHIRE
SUTTON AT HONE, KENT
THEALE 1 & 2 & WOOLWICH GREEN, BERKSHIRE
WHARF POOL, ESSEX
CHERTSEY, SURREY
FRIMLEY, SURREY
HORTON, BERKSHIRE
LONGFIELD, MIDDLESEX
YATELEY, HAMPSHIRE

Marketing
All the venues will come to the open market, in early May 2012 with a launch date to be finalised shortly.

Lotting
Cemex Angling will be offered as a whole or in Lots and property particulars will be prepared for all individual venues, which will include a full description, location plan, site plan and other relevant information.

Guide Prices
All venues will be marketed with guide prices.

Method of Sale
The individual venues will be offered for sale by formal tender unless previously sold as a whole with tender dates to be confirmed shortly. Offers will not be considered unless they are made on the official tender document and the accompanied with a cheque for 10% of the bid price as a deposit.

Viewings
It is proposed viewings will take place over a number of weekends, dates to be confirmed shortly

Judas Priest

Reaction score
Too true Fred too true. When it comes to getting their bums off their seats the lure of the keyboard is stronger.

Peter
Cheers for that

Last edited:

Judas Priest

Reaction score
IF any were in the North or West Mids I may have considered adding to the porfolio, although a lake full of carp is not high on the priority list.
The Pats bit MAY be of interest to Twyford but the rest will most likely go to syndicates, which is no bad thing, if the Lot is broken up.

cg74

Reaction score
IF any were in the North or West Mids I may have considered adding to the porfolio, although a lake full of carp is not high on the priority list.
The Pats bit MAY be of interest to Twyford but the rest will most likely go to syndicates, which is no bad thing, if the Lot is broken up.

Look into Cemex at Lugg Bridge, don't know anything about the site but there was definitely an angler fishing there a couple weeks ago (not me), cos if you ain't quick; worse than stocking it with carp, they might turn it into a trout stew pond with pike days charged at twice the price of fluff flinging....

cg74

Reaction score
maybe some canoeists will put a bid in:)

Nah, they're a bunch of freeloaders, whereas the RSPB will/do put their (collective) hands in their pockets.

---------- Post added at 13:28 ---------- Previous post was at 13:23 ----------

Perhaps the Chinese will put in a bid.

No, I can't see that as gravel pits aren't an essential part of the country's infrastructure, they'll be rubbing their hands in glee at the prospect of owning our roads.